Spike Camp

Favorite brand of handgun(s) and model

Favorite brand of handgun(s) and model
« on: December 22, 2007, 02:02:56 PM »
My favorite are Colt, Glock and Smith & Wesson.  From Colt, the Python is my favorite.  I like my Glock 19 9mm the best over the other Glocks.  My favorite Smith & Wesson is my 4" 686 357 magnum.  What are your favorite?
"I'd rather live by a man that owned a Weatherby rifle than shoot another brand!"

Gary

Re: Favorite brand of handgun(s) and model
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »
My favorites are the CZ's, Sigs and Colts. The CZ75 is my favorite pistol ever.   Gary

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 04:30:42 PM »
For concel carrie, my Python or Glock 22..40 cal.  But for hunting, my Taurus 454 Casul is a real freezer filler!

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 08:04:08 PM »
Im a wheel gun nut. My day to day carry is a S&W 65-5, but sometimes carry a colt trooper. Amy (S&W) is a 3" and the trooper is a 4". Hunting I carry a 4.5 in 45 single action. I also like a good 1911 Govt. mod. but like a fool I sold mine.
KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 07:56:47 PM »
Ruger single action sixguns are my favorite. I currently have both a Blackhawk and Bisley, both chambered in .45 colt with 7.5" barrels, blue. Next one will be a 5.5" Blackhawk .45 colt in blue. After that, who knows? Maybe a 50th anniversary Flat Top Blackhawk .44 magnum. I also like 1911 .45's, but currently don't own one. It's on the list however.
waterboy452

Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »
Ruger for me.  I shoot a Bisley .45LC, a 7.5" Redhawk .44 Magnum and a Ruger P90DC .45 ACP.  They are all very accurate and very reliable.  The wife likes to shoot the P90 s well.  For the price Ruger handguns are very hard to beat.  Tough, accurate, and economical.  I would like to have 22/45 Target model but haven't got one yet.
Daniel

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »
I carry a S&W M&P Compact in S&W.40 daily. Feels good in my hand and carries 10+1.  I also like the Walther P99 in .40.  I also have (among a bunch of others) an old Colt Official Police from the ealry 50's that my Grandfather bought new for $75.00.  Still have the original receipt.  That's one I'll never get rid of.  I doubt it has more than 100 rounds through it.
"A strong body makes the mind strong.  As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun . . . it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.  Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

Thomas Jefferson, 1785

James

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 07:53:57 AM »
My favorite handgun is my 10 mm Colt Delta Gold Cup. I believe it is a rare pistol because it is blue. I called the Colt custom shop one day and the customer service guy said he believed only 200 were made in blue, but it would cost me to find out for certain by purchasing my gun's history. I chose to keep my money and live in blissful ignorance. It just wasn't that important to know if there was 200 or 300 made... I know there weren't many!!!
We cannot improve our government by electing people that hate our government...

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 06:30:09 PM »
Recently purchased a Springfield XD in 40 cal with a ported 4" barrel. The safety features, balance and natural feel are all terrific.  It is my current favorite for home defense and conceals well as a carry gun. Great buy.

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 12:47:26 PM »
For defense, it's an H&K P2000 in .40 S&W. Best pistol yet, for me, in tems of accuracy and reliability. It has turned some others into safe queens.  I simply cannot MAKE this gun jam. One of my favorite (open sight) hunting handguns is a heavily modified, 7.5 in.-barreled new model Ruger Blackhawk in .44 mag. It has an aftermarket trigger guard, grips and a full-length PolyChoke vent rib atop the barrel. The small amount of extra weight from the vent rib mellows the recoil a bit, steadies aim and provides a fast sight plane, which has come in handy on some ornery hogs. Favorite "trail gun" is a Rossi model 971 (1990 non-fluted cylinder version), stainless, in .357. Basically a copy of the S&W mountain gun for a lot less money. I'm intrigued by the new Walther PPS, which I have yet to get my hands on. Anyone have any first-hand reports on it?

Ken

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 05:10:08 PM »
My favorite is a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Magnum. I shoot heavy loads - 300 grain SWC over a full charge of H110 - and have shot thousands of them. I also have a early Blackhawk in 357 magnum that I grew up shooting.
          Ken

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 11:32:42 AM »
The Dan Wesson Super Mags are my favotite. The model I like most is the 740, it's a SS 357 Maximum.

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 07:04:50 PM »
I tend to favor a 1911 auto (currently a Kimber) or a single action revolver. I recently picked up a New Vaquero in .357 for general woods beating.
"That's not snow you cheechako!... that's crystaline sunshine."

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 07:45:51 PM »
My favorite would be my old beat up Ruger Blackhawk 45LC. Bought it 30 years ago, It has been on my hip,or side for many, many hunts. I have been eyeball to eyball with black and brown bear, with it as my only backup. Lost it an a snow machine trip running traps, recovered in the spring and sprayed it down with some WD40. 25 years later I shot a nice moose,(see profile) Simple, reliable. I have recently recieved a Springfield XD 357 Sig that I am going to grow very fond of also. I do like that high capacity, after so long with a 6 shooter,this thing seems like it will never empty. Very cool

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »
In this order: Colt Python (blued) with 6 inch barrel, SIG P226 Elite, S&W Model 29

M.Marshall
...do what you like...like what you do....