Spike Camp

I got my press

I got my press
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
I went with Rogers recomendation and got a Lymans T-Mag press kit. Even though it's a turret press I will be using it as single stage. The turret will just be a storage place for my dies. I am excited about this new hobby but scared too. I have not bought powder yet. I want to read info in the manual first.
A Gun Is Like A Beer Cooler. It Should Be Fully Loaded Before Use And Completely Empty After.

zonie

• View Profile
Re: I got my press
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »
Mike the T-Mag will do you just fine.  If you have any questions just ask and read the book cover to cover.  Powder selection  the guy's will give you best advice for whatever caliber you want. 

Re: I got my press
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:23:16 PM »
Mike i bought a lyman t mag when i started loading and after thousands of rounds it's still like new they just don't wear out,i use mine as a single stage sort of i size all cases then prime all but when i drop the powder in i seat the bullet then do the next one,it works for me that way and once you start playing you'll find a way you like to do them,there's not much that equals the satisfaction of hunting with ammo you made yourslf
           Nik