Spike Camp

Esmerald's pistol grips

Esmerald's pistol grips
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »
For those of you who aren't familiar with this woman's work, look her up. She makes some absolutely astounding exotic wood grips for a variety of handguns. I feel every  1911/hi power owner should know about her work. She also does a couple ruger models, S&W J frames, and Berettas.

I will say this though, if you plan to get grips from her, pay attention to the serial number below the picture of the grips, and make sure it matches up in the checkout process. I ordered a pair last week, and for some odd reason when I clicked purchase it swapped serials numbers. Which of course meant the wrong ones showed up at my door this week.

Not to put a stain on her reputation, I'm sure it's a rare occurance. And she offered to correct it when I return the pair I have. So it's all water under the bridge, and I'm a happy customer none the less. Just wanted to spread the word about her work, and maybe help others avoid this tiny inconvenience.

Hell to be honest, the pair I have would've been my second choice. I'm half tempted to call her up and see if she'll just sell me the ones I originally ordered, and keep these for a later purchase. I do like my 1911's.  Oh, here's a link while I'm thinking about it:

http://www.esmeralda.cc/

Re: Esmerald's pistol grips
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:28:29 PM »
Worth the look just to see Esmeralda. ;D.So which wood etc are you getting?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 03:33:32 PM »
lol, I had a feeling someone might point that out. The grips I'm getting are made of ivory wood, and this is the pattern:

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:54:55 PM »
Marshal,
Wow! Now that's some grips. I mean for the 1911. Esmeralda does some very fine work.
                                                                                               74

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »
Truth an Justice ( had to look it up) lol. They look very nice.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 08:00:54 PM »
Small update: grips came in and got installed yesterday. Have some grainy cell phone pics that don't do them justice.