Spike Camp

Vanguard serials.....AGAIN?

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Vanguard serials.....AGAIN?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »
Thread is six years old.  Member doesn't even come on here anymore.  Starting your own thread is the better option, Rick.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

Re: Vanguard serials.....AGAIN?
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »
Quote from: imr4198 link=topic=7570.msg65869#msg65869
date=1331306921
Fellow Weathbyterians,
   I have written a few posts about Vanguard serial numbers.  I can hear the yawns already.  Actually I would like some feedback from members who have recently purchased one of the last S1 Vanguards. 
   According to our best information, the last S1 models had receivers made by machining from extruded bar stock.  Indeed the S2 has a new serial range which helps us remember that.  The numbers which I have seen on the S2 model have a VB prefix with a six digit serial.  To help me remember, I think of the VB serial as meaning Vanguard Bar Stock. 
   What I would like to know is if anybody out there has a late S1 with a serial number that doesn't begin with VS.  The highest serial I have seen for the S1 is VS 393XXX.  I have X'ed out the last three numbers, of course.  Does anybody have a higher one, or an S1 that begins with the VB prefix?
   Your feedback will be appreciated.
your pal,
imr4198
I have VS659