Spike Camp

Places to hunt hogs

Places to hunt hogs
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:18:24 AM »
I was wanting to try and run to a couple places this year or next year on my four off or somewhere I only needed to take one day off. It would be great if I could find someone that has a bad hog problem and just needs someone to shoot some to get rid of them as favor but I don't think that is going to happen. Does anyone know of some good places to hunt pigs that is very inexpesive (or free). If folks do not want to post anything on this tread about hunting pigs that is alright feel free to PM me with your ideas. I live in Rockville, Indiana, that might be good info to add, sorry.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Re: Places to hunt hogs
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »
No pigs anywhere?
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »
It's not easy hunting, and it's not close to you, but there are hogs on public land in north Alabama.  Google "Hog hunting bankhead national forest" and you'll find plenty of info.  Contact the local office over there and they can help out some, maybe.  I live in Huntsville, but I won't likely be able to make any hunts.  I tried to make a hog hunt this March, but between my wife's grad school, my daughter's birthday, my son's Boy Scouting, and my own work schedule, it was a lost cause.  There are plenty in Tennessee, too, so you might check there as well.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »
Thanks
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

NZMIKE

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
Down South is definitely your best bet, I hunt them every two weeks or so.  Most farmers around my area would be happy to let you remove hogs from their place, and they usually have a pretty good idea about where and when to hunt them.  In the past 3 years we have shot about 160 of them on our 550 acre farm here in Georgia, 92 of them I shot personally, so there are plenty out there.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 12:58:55 PM »
Where in GA are you located, Mike?  My mom lives in Thomasville, my sister teaches in Bainbridge, and I grew up just south of there in Tallahassee.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 01:59:48 PM »
Lots of hogs here in Texas.Unfortunately, most land owners will not let you hunt their property unless they know you well.There are a lot of pay to hunt ranches here and in other states.You can probably Google and find some.Good luck.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »
Hey Roger, do you hear much about uncle Ted now that he has relocated to Texas
For those of you that do not know who uncle Ted is...................well his is the motor city mad man, the whack master, the whack em and stack em, kill em and grill em
Ted Nugent :D
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »
I have hunted S.Texas a few times with a bow.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »
Hey NZMIKE, I sent you a PM but I don't know if it sent or not.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

NZMIKE

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »
I go to school in Augusta, but spend most of my weekends out of the farm.  It's located in the southern end of Jefferson County near a little town called Louisville, just over an hour from Augusta.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »
Mike, that's a nice area.  I've got a buddy from high school who is the sports editor at the Statesboro Herald, which I think is just a short trip from your farm.  He actually lives down in Savannah, though, so he's about the same distance southeast as your are northwest of Statesboro.

NZMIKE

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
That sounds about right.  My sister goes to school at Georgia Southern in Statesboro, so I go there occasionally.  I haven't spent a whole lot of time in South Georgia, but I did go to Thomasville once to pick up some agricultural equipment for the farm.

trappers son

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »
check out this sight tonight..... just saw it on the web..... good price for hunting hogs in texas..... can use two years after you purchase..... cost very little..... hogs get big in texas....   http://www.hoghuntinghoghunting.com/?gclid=COvS3bu2uK8CFYUBRQodiyZkiQ

trappers son

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
its a three hundred dollar hunt but the special runs out tonight at 12 pm central.... hope you get this...