Spike Camp

Weatherby Nation Wyoming Antelope Hunt ?

zonie

• View Profile
Weatherby Nation Wyoming Antelope Hunt ?
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »
Just throwing it out there.  Seems like there's a members  interest  in hunting pronghorn.   Maybe someone knows of a ranch where we could have a limited number hunt for fee of course where members could get together and have fun.   I don't know if Wyoming has ranch tags or not ?    Anyone have any ideas ?

Re: Weatherby Nation Wyoming Antelope Hunt ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
that is a great idea Ron as I get tired of driving past private property and looking at Monster Speed Goats s they know which property is the safest to hangout on here in NM ! I think even a hunt down near the VLA would be fun if nobody got scared at night of the happening in that area, There are a lotta speed goats around the VLA in 16A? homing would be nice if it was not too late in the season! Been thinking has out a leftover Colorado Mule Deer tag and a Arkansas outta state white tail hunt at my BIL's hunting camp. not 100 % sure but need to make my mind up soon!
http://www.weatherby.com/support/faq/latest/items
NRA Distinguished Life Member
Operation Desert Shield / Storm Disabled Vet

James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »
Many times I have wished we could all get together somewhere. I suspect it would be difficult for me financially, but it might not be impossible. If I had enough time I could probably save enough for a trip to someplace not too distant. I wouldn't care much whether game was involved as long as we could find a good location to shoot! Perhaps we could get Ed and the rest of the family to come too!
We cannot improve our government by electing people that hate our government...

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »
Ron: I believe Bill Nichols did a hunt like this last year.His son even camped on the ranch.Perhaps he will see the post and give us some insight.
How many people here will really be interested in doing this for sure?What year are we thinking, month,time of month?Suggestions?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
I am really interested, but need to know much more before I can say I am coming....
We cannot improve our government by electing people that hate our government...

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »
It certainly would be cool. Wyoming Antelope appears to be relatively affordable for the out of state hunter. Looks like about $270 for a buck and $30-$50 for a Doe, if I have my numbers right. The issue for me would be the "When?" I also would need to have the coin :)
Isaac

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
I would be interested but not for a few years.............wedding and house renovations have put a damper on things for now
Great idea zonie

Terry
Ontario,Canada........yours to discover

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »
I've been trying to work out a WY trip for 2013, but it looks like that's going to get postponed again.  I'd be interested, but my ability to commit will depend on local financial constraints...
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »
zonie,   you have a good idea, i am sure just about every member that reads the post would do the hunt , who can go is hard to say. i sure would try hard to go, never shot a Antelope that would be nice...
O C hunter

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 03:39:32 PM »
I dont want to complicate things but If I could get A mule deer tag instead of the pronghorn I would jump at the chance. They should share the same turf.
Mark

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »
Ron that sounds like a good idea, Ive been wanting to have a nation member rendevous myself. Maybe if we did something like this Ed, Dan, Justin, or someone from Weatherby could join us. If we put our heads together we should be able to come up with something. I can try and do some research,
Troy

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
 I've thought of it also, would be a great time I'm sure. Never hunted in Wy but I have a great place in SE Montana. Could host 8-10 guys, very reasonable costs, good deer and goats. Area got hit pretty hard by a bad winter 2 years ago but shout be back to normal next year or year after. Not going this year as were having our 2nd child at the end of Sept. Shot a nice whitetail there last year, I think there's a pic of him in my album.  Nice place, and you can ride 4- wheelers anywhere as it's private land.
 Be just about a home game for Troy!
" If your going to put a hole in something, make it a hole to be proud of "

Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 05:32:36 PM »
Hey guys it's been a little bit since I have been on,  hope everyone has been well.
It sounds like a blast to me. 

Chip   

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
Antelope is certainly on my bucket list. What research I have done in the past shows a US hunt to be on par if not cheaper than an Alberta hunt for me, since either way I am a non resident because I live in Ontario. All I can say is yes I would love to do it, but like most working guys with 7 year old twins, mortgage, a wife and a young business committing is impossible, unless my lotto max ticket comes in. Here's hoping.

james
exhale and squeeze

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 05:27:15 AM »
Seems to me the best way to go about this would be to plan it for 2-3 yrs. from now. The guys would have to build up preference points, so hopefully everyone can draw a tag. I dont think theres any landowner tags in Wyoming if thats the hunt everyone wanted to do. It would also give guys time to plan and prepare, reality is everyone wont be able to make it no matter when and where it is. If this is something everyone wants to do now is the time to get started. You can purchase points in a number of states, if something doesnt get started soon, just getting points started will get put off another year. What Golfer said wouldnt be a bad idea either, Im up for anything, a Wyo. antelope hunt would be a great time. With a point or two we should all be able to get a tag, and it wont break the bank. To me this would be the easiest and most logical way to get everyone together, alot of guys would like the chance to hunt antelope.
Troy