Spike Camp

Bow will be here Tuesday

Chris

• View Profile
Bow will be here Tuesday
« on: January 11, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
My longbow should be here by Tuesday! Dan(Toelke) shipped it today. For those who didn't know I had a longbow made by Dan Toelke. It is his Super D model that is a Hillstyle bow that will have a D profile when strung. It hass Osage limbs and a Cococbolo riser with a draw weight of 50@28 and is 66 inches long. I should be drawing around 54lbs. at my draw. I had one of these bows before and kick myself in the you know what for getting rid of it. That one had bamboo limbs and a bumbinga(spelling) riser. Very pretty bow, second bow of Dan's I had that had that bamboo was used for the limbs. Should be super smooth. I will post pictures when I get a chance to do so after the bow arrives.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Re: Bow will be here Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »
Cant wait to see the pictures Chris.I hope you are better with longbows than I was. ;D.I progressed to compounds with all the gimmicks very quickly.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
Be interesting to see it.
Troy

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 05:22:36 AM »
I still shoot both wheels and barebow. Its funny, if I am shooting 20 yards at a beer can in the yard and I hit it or come real close I am happy with my longbow. If I do the samething with my compound at 40 yards I get mad and say I am not shooting worth a crap. Funny how that works.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 05:41:20 AM »
 I like shooting at things in the yard like dandelions, bee's and beer cans. With judo's or G5 small game heads arrows are hard to lose with a longbow, with a compound stump shooting is more expensive. You lose or break more arrows and it isn't as fun. Pointing ,drawing and releasing rather than ranging,drawing, aiming, checking my level bubble,re-checking sight pin,squeeze trigger and release.
If shot around 20 yards or so instinctive shooting is easier, maybe not as accurate at time but just as effective. Unless you are shooting through wedding rings it is unnecessary anyway.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:31:45 AM »
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:06:12 PM »
Looks great.Congrats.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 07:27:33 PM »
Very Nice Chris
There is somthing to be said about going back to tradional archery. For me I pick up my very 1st. bow A Bear Kodiak Special its A compound but probably slower than your straight bow. lol
But I still injoy it and dig it out every once in A while. Its A nice break to shoot with your fingers. You have so much more control and dont need to rely on all the bells and whistles. But on the other hand I love my mathews and all those bells and whistles.
Mark

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 05:54:29 AM »
I hear ya. I love the simple things but I don't want to give up my Z7 yet.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Chris

• View Profile
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Chris

• View Profile
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Chris

• View Profile
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 06:05:06 AM »
I was trying to make it easier to see but I don't know if I really made it easier.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

badsection

• Do or do not. There is no "try" Yoda, Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »
Worked well for me,nice bow!   :)

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »