Spike Camp

lbs of trigger pull

roostercrow

lbs of trigger pull
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »
gonna lighten up the trigger a little on this mark V......help me out here guys.....what poundages do you like for trigger pulls.....am ordering the Lyman digital trigger pull gauge....i know weatherby is 7-9lbs out of the box.....i'm thinking 4.5 or less....what do you guys like???

Aaron

• View Profile
Re: lbs of trigger pull
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 09:35:50 AM »
Roostergrow,

I am a light trigger guy, 2-3 lbs. is best for me. Weatherby triggers out of the box shouldn't 7-9 lbs.  We usually ship them out between 3-4.5lbs.  If you have one that is that heavy you need to send it in so we can fix it, free of charge.  We want the triggers to be between 2.5- 4 lbs and crisp.  Give our service and warranty department a call and they will take care of you. 

Hope this helps.
"Aim Small, Miss Small"

Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »
At the risk of sounding crazy, the trigger pull on my three Mark V's is set at 3 lbs, by my gunsmith, the four vanguards i have, I replaced the factory triggers with TIMNEY triggers, set at 1 1/2 pounds. And i love them, they improved the accuracy of my rifles to minute of angle.
Molon Labe

pbrktrt

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »
2-1/2 lb Timney in my Vanguard. a world of difference. the Hogue overmold also was a huge improvement. 270 win sub moa. i really like it now.

huntwriter

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 01:36:48 AM »
2.5 with Timney triggers on my Vanguards. Anything more on a big game rifle is a hindrance. Anything less may be dangerous. I cheat a bit lower on varmint/predator rifles.

LongRange

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 12:12:28 AM »
The Accumark Trigger needs no replacement, its as good as any out there, i have all of mine set to 1.6lbs and it drasticly reduces pull.  Thats the one thing everyone comments on about my Accumarks, they always ask, "WOW who did your trigger work!" i say "Weatherby",lol.

sp6x6

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 01:47:19 PM »
adsmith, I just got a 257 Vaguard and could not adjust below close to 4 LBS. I've adjusted my others no problem, wasn't aware Weatherby would handle it, also is there a difference in adjustment range on newer vanguards versus Mark V,s.