Spike Camp

First Turkey

First Turkey
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:18:51 PM »

Alabama youth hunt 2013.  Called this 2 yr old in close enough for him to get a look at the decoys and he sprinted over for a fight.  All he found was a wad of lead.  My 13 yr old sons first gobbler glad, I was there to call him in and be there for it.  Good times

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: First Turkey
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 05:50:10 AM »
Congratulations to your son!!!!  Well done getting that Tom close for your son to shoot.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

Truck Driver

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:02:34 AM »
Good looking bird. Congrats on your sons first bird and a successful hunt.
There's no experience more rewarding than being there for your childrens first  successful endevors.
TD

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 10:33:35 AM »
Congrats to you and your son.What did he shoot with,what calls did you use,and brand decoys ?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

ccc23454

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »
awesome!!!  i dont think i will ever forget every detail of my first bird kill so i am sure you and your boy will replay those memories for a long time to come and tell that story over many a camp fires, congrats to both of you.

DocHolladay

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
I like it when a kids hunts and I really like it when they kill something. Nothing like the first one, but be sure to let him know that it isnt always like that. Congrats to you both.

O C hunter

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »
His first bird will be the one he will never forget, good looking tom, look's like he is a good shot...