Spike Camp

Mk. V Stock Crack

darreljwick

Mk. V Stock Crack
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:08:51 AM »
Hi Guys,
    I have just purchased a German Mark V .300 Wby. that is is in excellent shape with the exception of an apparent old looking crack in the pistol grip area. It has not cracked the finish nor can you even feel it at all. Is this an issue? I understand that the rifle has a factory inserted metellic structural dowell in place to support the recoiling shear effect at this area. Any input would be great. Thank you all for looking....Darrel

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Mk. V Stock Crack
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »
More than likely your rifle stock was repaired and then finished again after the repair work. If this is not correct,then I wouldn't worry about it if it hasn't cracked the finish. I dought that it will have any chance of hurting you if it did crack more while firing it. If your real worried about it. Take it off and put it under some stress. See if it will take some pretty rough treatment. At least this will give you some peace of mind while trying it out at the range.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.