Spike Camp

Next Nation rifle, .264 Weatherby Magnum ???

Re: Next Nation rifle, .264 Weatherby Magnum ???
« Reply #675 on: July 10, 2018, 01:44:48 PM »
I wish I was taking my 6.5/300 this year but we messed around, waited too long and didn't get rifle tags in time. We're bow hunting in September instead. I'm sure to use the Weatherby next year as we already decided to get our Idaho tags very early next year, actually we can get next years tags starting this December 1st (nonresidents only). We're not going to wait for other guys to make up their minds about going, we're getting our tags early, if they want to procrastinate that's up to them. 8)
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

dieselram

« Reply #676 on: January 15, 2019, 07:43:18 PM »
I noticed a recent post where a new member was surprised Weatherby got into the 6.5 market. This post reviels a lot and while I was re-reading it I noticed a few members that were involved that are no longer with us. Makes you feel happy and sad at the same time.

« Reply #677 on: January 15, 2019, 08:41:06 PM »
Very true.  Godscountry posed the idea and we fought for and argued back and forth for just under two and a half years before Weatherby came out with it.  I know those of us who fought so hard for them to make it were super happy and proud to have some part in it happening even if it was merely talking about it in this post.  We had some heated moments during the discussion but our hopes and thoughts are a reality thanks to Weatherby. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2019, 12:01:49 PM »
I've got a question for all of you 6.5-300 Ultra Light Weight owners. Mine has the etching on the barrel that's not blackened. I've seen two other ULW 6.5-300 rifles that has the etching blackened. How many of you have black etching and how many have stainless etching and I wonder why the difference?  Here's a pic.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 20, 2019, 12:21:20 PM »
Some barrels had the print done before the barrel was blackened.Some after.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2019, 04:34:43 PM »
Mines all Black, I ordered it a few weeks after the 6.5-300 was announced.
Doug

« Reply #681 on: December 21, 2019, 11:01:12 AM »
Got my first critter with my 6.5-300. It's no monster but it was the next to last day, he was moving through trees, I had a second to make a decision and as soon as I saw it had legal horns the Weatherby instinctively fired.

« Reply #682 on: December 21, 2019, 11:06:34 AM »
Congratulations looks like one for the freezer, blood sure shows up well in the snow!!! Glad to see you like keeping this thread alive too, I get notifications when anyone posts on it.
Doug

« Reply #683 on: December 21, 2019, 05:39:42 PM »
Congratulations on christening your rifle and on a buck no less.  I bet he went down like a ton a bricks landed on him when he was hit.  My Dad always said if you christen a rifle with a buck you'll get bucks and does with it but if you christen it on a doe it'll be a doe only rifle.  I've never seen that hold true but it's certainly fun to bust people with it. 

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 21, 2019, 05:41:55 PM »
Congrats. Its always nice when one gets to christen their rifle.
Aussie gun nut.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 21, 2019, 07:29:14 PM »
Congratulations, nice christening job. Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like a behind the shoulder shot. Any details?
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #686 on: December 21, 2019, 08:37:28 PM »
Thanks guys. The shot actually hit him a little to the front of the shoulder, down low. That's where I was aiming due to him moving, expecting his body to move into the shot but with the lightning speed of the 6.5-300 it hit him right where the crosshairs rested. Amazingly he ran close to 100 yards with his right shoulder broken and part of his heart blown away. How he ran at all completely surprised me and my hunting buddies considering the damage inflicted by the 140 grain Partition bullet. He was spraying blood 2 to 3 feet on both sides of his tracks, an easy tracking job in the 10" of snow.

« Reply #687 on: December 22, 2019, 07:55:44 AM »
Congratulations on the buck!
I am a fan of the partition in the .264.
When l had a .264 win mag l used the 125 grain partition on everything up to elk. Switched to the 140 partition for elk. Both worked very good.

« Reply #688 on: December 22, 2019, 07:09:29 PM »
Maybe it's just me but it always seemed like the .264 caliber and 140 grain Partitions were a perfect match and made for one another.

« Reply #689 on: December 22, 2019, 07:57:38 PM »
Maybe it's just me but it always seemed like the .264 caliber and 140 grain Partitions were a perfect match and made for one another.

Your not alone Chris, some things just make great combinations. And that's one of them