Spike Camp

Next Nation rifle, .264 Weatherby Magnum ???

sheldch1

Re: Next Nation rifle, .264 Weatherby Magnum ???
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »
I was trying to find the post from Justin talking about all the things they had going on, and would be early 2013 before they would have time to look into another WNMR, but could not find it.

The way things are going it would not surprise me to see a WFMR (Weatherby Facebook Members Rifle) long before we will see another WNMR.

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 07:13:46 PM »
Chris:Now that got a chuckle from me, ;D
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 07:17:18 PM »
If we don't keep showing an interest in this, they won't believe we're interested. Isn't a company's main concern their customers? I believe we're customers and we're speaking. It's not wise to turn your backs on the people that compliment your products.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:06:39 PM by godscountry »
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

DocHolladay

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »
Need to get the Facebookers to come here....

I would vote for a 6.5Wby/.264 Wby with a Mark V action and an Accumark Stock. Barrel length, fluting, no fluting, whatever. Although fluting would look sweet!! No muzzlebreak.

badsection

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
Exactly what I need, another new rifle I have to have!   ;D   Can anybody find brass /loaded ammo for the .240WBY? Introduce a new cartridge/rifle in these days? I doubt it!

Justin Moore

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
Firstly, we never said that the Nation wasn't a priority. A lot of marketing is educating current and potential customers about your products. Everyone on here is not only familiar with Weatherby products but there's a lot of you that are experts in Weatherby products. If I'm wrong on this please let me know, but if we posted here like we post on Facebook, it wouldn't take very long for it to be a complete annoyance for everybody here. As for people from FB coming over to the Nation Petey, everyone is welcome here.

About the Nation Rifle, I wasn't here for the first go-around so I'm not really sure what happened. What I do know is that there was a lot of time and effort put into it, in the end there were a lot of people that weren't happy with what was offered, and I believe 12 people bought the rifle. I am more than happy to hear how we can do it better if we were to do another one. How do we get everyone to agree on one rifle, or at least compromise on one? Maybe we should develop a 6.5 since that's what everybody here seems to want.  ;D  Who's in for that idea?

Justin Moore

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 04:22:14 PM »
Also, one more thing. If testing showed that the velocity of a 24" barrel was actually faster  than a 26" barrel (or the same) due to advancements in powders, would you still want a 26" barrel?

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 04:28:26 PM »
You already know I'm in Justin. What hurt the first nation rifle was the fact it was built on the Vanguard platform. A few people on here weren't willing to spend that kind of money on a Vanguard when they could buy a Mark V for close to that price. A lot of us were under the impression there was a Mark V coming the following year and held out for that, but it never came. It seems a good many of us are wanting the .264 and this would be the perfect time to develop a new Weatherby cartridge and to combine it with the next Nation rifle would be "the cat's meow".

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 04:33:25 PM »
A 24" barrel wouldn't break my heart.

David

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 05:34:05 PM »
Id be onboard as long as it was mark v wood or plastic. Bring it on weatherby. 264 sounds good.
ddraper

fuonlynu

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »
No I would not be even remotely interested in a 24" barrel 6.5 unless it was only a standard cartridge. If a Magnum it would have to be a 26' regardless of state of the art new advancements. IMO
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:45:13 PM by fuonlynu »

ballistic

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 07:24:45 PM »
Even though I have a .264 based on a .257/.270/7mm Wby case, I would probably be interested in one offered from Weatherby. All I have to say is it's an awesome cartridge. Mine has a 26" barrel, that's what I would want in a WNMR.

ballistic

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »
Here's an idea for a sweet .264 WNMR.
- Black Mark V action
- Matte stainless barrel, 26" .750 at the muzzle, no fluting
- Black with red webbed accumark stock
- Black floorplate engraved WNMR and numbered

A good notice for orders, with three or four payment plan which includes a down payment.

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
26 inch tube is a must. 
BPH

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
Ballistic and Greenheadjed both have had 264 Weatherbys made.Seems the 26 inch barrel was the way to go.We may not be experts with Weatherbys though.If new powders can make a 24 inch barrel shoot fast then it stands to reason  that new powders would also make a 26 inch barrel shoot faster than a 24 inch barrel.I have 24 and 26 inch barrels in the 257 and 300 Wbys and the 24s cant hang with the 26 inch barrels in fps.I would like to hear Ed Weatherbys view on this???
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.