Spike Camp

Exit

imr4198

Exit
« on: June 20, 2013, 07:05:46 AM »
It was good while it lasted.  I think that I have posted enough.  Many thanks to my friends in Paso Robles who have always treated me so well and to my many readers.  If you ever got a chuckle out of what I have written, or maybe learned a little something, then that is thanks enough.  As a little going away present I have decided to attach an unposted Wally story.
Adios,
imr4198

This here is yore Weatherboy Nation fishin expert pal Wally agin.  You might remember last time how I told everbody about the new hauntin and fishin show I am the star of come about.
   I’m not reely the star of the progrem, I am just the fishin and bait expert.  That segment (that is show biz talk) is called Wishin I was Fishin with Wally. 
   Them Chinese jokers pulled in a hole camera crew and had one of them mikerphones that dangels from a long pole and one fat old joker what set in a foldin cheer that told everbody else what to do.  They call the head dog a Dictator.  That there is more show biz talk.  I practical had to learn to talk agin.
   Well they set up on the side of a river here and had me to talk as I was baitin hooks and fishin and stuff.  Doggone if Rip didn’t get all excited and tripped me up and first thang I no I am doin the keel up float.  Waders an all.  The water wadn very deep, so I couldn’t have drownt, but I be durn if I didn’t get a fish hook caught right in the seat of my waders.  And waders wadnt all it got. 
   The Dictator fell offin his foldin stool thang he screamed so loud.  He kep yellin  cut, cut, cut, and I nocked him out with the butt of my fishin rod.  Aint no fool gonna cut a fish hook out of Wally Coggins.  All this time them Chinesicans rolled on the ground they was laughin so hard.  I yanked out the fish hook and tride to make a cast but I reckon my nerves was shot by then. 
   Somehow I snagged a feller that had a board with stuff writ on it, and slung him plumb out in the middle of the river with the hook hangin in one ear.  He squalled somethin in Chinese and started takin line straight across the river. 
   Thank goodness I had the drag set hard, and pretty soon he give out and I reeled him back up the bank.  He was plumb whooped out by then, and I nabbed that hook out with a pair of pliers.  They got the hole thang on tape. 
   For some reason them Weatherboy muckamucks liked all that action.  They called it ‘comic relief’ and said it was the funniest thang they had ever seen.  I just call it a everday fishin trip myself.
   Show bidness shore is funny.  I will tell you some more about the program later.
your TV star pal,
Wally (and Rip)

Marishka

• Cancelled bear hunt so I could get this
    • View Profile
Re: Exit
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 08:32:21 AM »
Just be careful Wally and stay away from obesity. If you don't, some of those AMA folks may call you sick and start doing research on you.
NRA Endowment
MkV 22-250
MkV 270 + 2 270 wby stainls
MkV 308
MkV 270-300 Wby
MkV Alas 375 H&H
MkV 257 Wby fluted stainls barrel
MkV 7mm Wby stainls UL
MkV 300 Wby stainls x 2
MkV 30-378 Wby
MkV 340 Wby
MkV 375 Wby x 2
MkV 378 Wby
MkV 416 Wby
1899 Ithaca Hammerless
Guarini OU
Orion OU
M1 Carbine wa

FryeBaby

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:41:53 AM »
Good luck IMR. I sure will miss you and Wally. If you get a hankering, post some more Wally stories they are funny and I enjoy them. Your pal, Wes

greyrider

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:38:35 AM »
watch your top knot

O C hunter

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »
imr, Exit? are you leaving us.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »
WHY??!!
Who is responsible for this travesty >:(

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »
eeeeeee doggie wally, uncle Jed is a going to bee so happy happy happy when I tel hem aboat yous bein a tv star

Your pal Jethro
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

gary d

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »
Take care, and don't be a stranger if the mood or opportunity strikes.

Marshal_

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
06/21/201309:41 AM

Good luck IMR. I sure will miss you and Wally. If you get a hankering, post some more Wally stories they are funny and I enjoy them. Your pal, Wes

Saw this thread a few days ago, been meaning to post on it. This here pretty much sums it up for me. Your posts regarding Weatherby history and other informative odds and ends are one of the things that kept me coming around. We'll miss ya friend, and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 08:03:31 PM »
He'll be back from vacation soon....LOL
=S=
Do it right, and do it right the first time.