Spike Camp

Anyone shooting Traditional Bows Here?

Re: Anyone shooting Traditional Bows Here?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 09:17:11 PM »
I have A 55# Damon- Howatt made in 1962, they were built right here in Yakima, WA. where I'm from. I also have A Fred bear 50# Grizzle, and A 48# long bow I built 3.5 years ago from plans I found at the library. My two compounds are A 63# Hoyt Ultra Tec, and A 65# Hoyt Alpha Max 32. I didn't get anything the last two years but three years ago I shot A nice 3X3 White Tail with the Ultra Tec and A nice big fat Muley doe with the Howatt re-curve, that was some of the most fun I've ever had hunting! Nothing but paper with the 48# home made and the new Alpha Max. Good hunting ALL...Jerry
 WBY MAG MAN

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 11:20:54 PM »
I shoot a St.Charles make - Pacific Yew longbow 58 lbs at 28 inches.

Nailed me a pronghorn from it's bed this year. Got lucky.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 07:10:58 AM »
 ;D I also shoot trad. I have 2 ol' Bears. 1=Grizzly 45#@28 2= Grizzly 50#@28. Both from the late 50's early 60's. Kudos to everyone else that conforms to the trad life during archery season and Weatherby's during the rest of the year. ;D

Dave55

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »
Im amazed at how many guys are enjoying shooting traditional bows here,Ive still got my old Big 5 I bought in 1982 and have shoot a truck full of deer with it,about 5 yrs ago I got into self bows and have enjoyed hunting and making them immensely.Trad and primitive archery is GREAT,Dave. ;D
Now is the good old days.

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
I have not hunted for a while with a trad bow, but I have used a Dan Toelke 52" bow and a 58" one piece recurve. I have taken my 62 inch whip out a few times here and there. I love to shoot that bow. I have not had one of Dan Toelke's bows that I didn't like and I have had several.
I want to get into D-bows again but mostly just for shooting in the yard and get guts up to shoot 3D.
Chris Kiefner
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member