Spike Camp

Movies

Jameson

Re: Movies
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »
I think back about the men and women I was privileged to work with, guys like Billy Burton, Randy Hall (who is still working), Diamond Farnsworth, "Judo" Gene LeBell, Dean Smith, Tony Epper (all the Eppers), Tommy Huff, Buddy Joe Hooker, Conrad Palmisano, great ones I got to meet, even if I never worked with them, guys like Ben Johnson (I hunted with him once--man, could he snore!), Dick Farnsworth, Yakima Canut, so many others (and some I know I've overlooked) who combined great talent with absolute lunacy, and all I can think is how much they contributed to the magic and history of Hollywood. It was fun while it lasted.
JP

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 09:50:32 AM »
All so true, Gary Epper,Mike Tillman,John Gamble and John Quade(Saunders)  and myself were business partners in a mining venture, we made a little money but the real reward was the time we spent together working,sweating, laughing in the middle of BFE. John Quade was won of the most brilliant men I've ever known,,     not sure about Sir John Gamble (hsi helicopters) but all are gone now,  I winter ( and most any other time)in Apple Valley, Ca. If your ever out this way give me a ring and I'll buy you a cup of joe or fire up the bbq.
Most of the toughest men \women I've ever known were also the kindest , gentlest most driven people ........ A true lost bred in today's times it seems
We got off the track a wee bit, LOL I just got back from TX  pig hunting and a 257 mag
Plants The Little Buggers!
Thank You for the smile on my face thinking of the good times!
Wayne

We need a Leader the believes in God, the Constitution and America First !

Favorite Quote
"I'll die on my  feet before I'll survive on my knees"
Wayne
Semper Fi

badsection

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 03:13:25 PM »
Never had a thread stolen in a incredible twist !  LOL, my experience in movies amounts to .001 seconds on film.  "Runaway Bride" filmed in Berlin, MD. and "Parker" filmed here in Palm Beach FL.  My motivation was entirely based around a extreme chance of meeting the female stars!  ;D

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 03:24:40 PM »
Bad, I don't know if anyone's told you but certain women can get you in trouble. Glad you started it up, it's been very entertaining!!! The only way this link could have twisted any further is if Robert Redford had chimed in.  8) 8) 8)
Doug

badsection

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »
LOL. Blackbear3! I have never been accused of thinking with the big head around attractive women. Your comment about certain women makes me believe you know my ex's!   ;D

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
Sorry, they put me up to it!!! Promises, promises!!!
Doug

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »
Another safari movie that has a bit of a twist, "The Naked Prey". The hunting party is captured by natives in Africa, and one by one is tortured and killed viciously. Somehow the last survivor is given a chance to run for his life while being chased (hunted) by natives with spears. Pretty cool I thought. Heres a preview, try it full screen.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0ahUKEwi9pquI3PHSAhXDZCYKHU3wAJMQtwII7gEwBg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEKKF9J8QOAQ&usg=AFQjCNGKdiQNtFR2OgOHl3oOS0EuQYBtlw

DosEquisShooter

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »
Danno, that's a pretty cool movie, with some real good footage of the African bush.  I might have to look for that movie. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2017, 01:11:48 PM »
Its a classic.
DosEquisShooter

badsection

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »
I do have the 5 DVD set of "Capstick on film" . While some great hunting the big five scenes evolve, Capstick's sense of humor in print is just not there in the videos. I have dreamed about the "safari" since I was a kid ( the first time)  :)

jmnyckt

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2017, 04:20:09 PM »
"Snows of Kilimanjaro", not a true hunting movie, but good nonetheless. I'm going to also add "Jaws", sure, the people were fishing, but, the shark was hunting 🤔

badsection

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2017, 04:40:02 PM »
"Snows of Kilimanjaro", not a true hunting movie, but good nonetheless. I'm going to also add "Jaws", sure, the people were fishing, but, the shark was hunting 🤔
Had A 6' Mako on a hook and 30 lb. test by myself, fishing for blue fish, just off the inlet at Ocean City, MD.  I couldn't even get to the H&R 12 gauge, had to cut the line! Mako shark is good eating!  Yea, "Jaws" is a favorite! " We are going to need a bigger boat"

jmnyckt

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 04:49:10 PM »
Been blue fishing on Martha's Vineyard, where they did the filming, no sharks. Also fished Chappaquiddick Bay, lots of fish there as well but only blues. Now I'm back to my purist roots and fly fishing streams, barbless hooks, catch and release, as I get older I'm enjoying the pursuit more than the catch, or kill, can stand in a stream or sit in a stand all day and just be happy watching everything around me and sometimes seeing something I just don't see everyday

badsection

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »
If we talk about "fishing" movies, one tops my list, "The Old Man and the Sea" Spencer Tracy? Hemingway could tell a story, too. Hemingway's "Green Hills of Africa" just proved to me how full of himself he was. Even Teddy had a sense of humor, "I don't shoot well but I shoot often"  :)

jmnyckt

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 06:11:25 PM »
Does 'American Sniper' count as a hunting movie?