Spike Camp

Re-Barrel Lazermark at Weatherby

mcb

• View Profile
Re-Barrel Lazermark at Weatherby
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:13:01 AM »
Good Morning !

I sent my Japan built 7mm Wby Lazermark to Weatherby to have the 24" swapped to a new 26" barrel .
The original owner keep it as a safe queen so it was rarely fired  but something in the safes rest material rusted / pitted the barrel leaving it looking like crap.

My question is while its at Weatherby  should I upgrade the trigger to the new LXX ?
My budget for this project is $1000 and the barrel swap is costing $550 so I have extra funds .

Thanks, Mike
Best Regards, Mike

Re: Re-Barrel Lazermark at Weatherby
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 07:25:55 AM »
mcb, good question as I was looking into upgrade couple old jp saur Weatherby's I understand they have what some people call pot metal triggers like to upgrade to new trigger if compatible

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »
Nothing wrong with a good trigger up grade while it's there. Or you could also wait till you get it back and get a Talley trigger. If you order direct from Talley, you can get them to set the trigger pull for you and all you have to do is install it.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 08:57:18 AM »
I have the LXX in my new ULW and love it, maybe you should find a new MarkV with the LXX and try it. Of course you risk falling in love with that new MarkV and make an additional purchase!!! ;D
Doug

mcb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 04:58:47 PM »
Ok guy's I stopped by a local shop here in Baton Rouge and tried the trigger on a new Terramark. It feels great and I do like the smooth/ wider trigger shoe . I called Weatherby to update my work order to add the new trigger, Accu- brake and bottom metal( I like the floorplate latch inside the trigger guard) . I blew my budget by a couple of hundred but the boss ( wife) is very understanding ( I think) .............. 👍🏻
Best Regards, Mike

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »
I agree with the other's, well it's in the shop, get all you what done.  8)

Rob

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »
You are keeping it with the same caliber, or changing it?  Congrats, can't wait to see pictures.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

mcb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »
Yep it's gonna stay a 7mm bee.
Only down side to this whole deal is the 4 to 6 month waiting for it to return.
Good things come to those who wait  :)

You are keeping it with the same caliber, or changing it?  Congrats, can't wait to see pictures.
Best Regards, Mike

mcb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »
Well I have not talked to Weatherby but they charged my credit card today so I asssume it's ready to ship back to me 😁 That's 2 months ahead of schedule 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Best Regards, Mike

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 06:59:47 PM »
Woohoo good deal! Pictures pictures pictures when it comes back!
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

mcb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 06:39:10 PM »
Rifle made it home today . :) Weatherby did a fantastic job on installing the new barrel with brake, bottom metal and trigger work. I will get the scope put back in place and hopefully run a few rounds thru it this weekend.

Best Regards Mike
Best Regards, Mike

mcb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 06:41:58 PM »
 :)
Best Regards, Mike

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »
Beautiful rifle Mike, I'm sure she'll shoot as good as she looks, and thats a great caliber to hunt just about anything.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »
WOW. What a beauty Mike. You did good.Glad you got it back early.I bet the guys at Weatherby enjoyed working on it.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 07:18:52 PM »
Beautiful lazermark Mike ! Enjoy !