Spike Camp

Semi Adult beverages

badsection

Semi Adult beverages
« on: October 13, 2018, 03:37:07 PM »
I tried the Rye a few days ago. Tested the 101 proof bourbon tonight. Wow on both! They are distilled in Indiana and bottled in South Carolina.  My favorite Rye whiskey was Crown Royal Northern Rye till now! This is $15 USD cheaper, too!

Re: Semi Adult beverages
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 05:10:52 PM »
There are many many liquors distilled in Indiana. The distillery part isn’t as where it sits in a barrel. Our area is good because cold winter and humid summers. It’s ideal for the barrels.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

badsection

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 05:40:57 PM »
Exactly where it says it was distilled!  I rate both as 6 out of 5 stars, considering I am a cheap bastard!   :D 

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 06:09:04 PM »
I Like the name too, I will have to look for it in my local liquor store.
Doug

musicman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 12:52:38 AM »
Please drink some for me; I am "dry" now for a little over four years.  I am at least going to go five years, so I can say, "SEE, I could do it."  Then I'll decide.  I am a Scotch drinker by choice, but cold weather was always good for the various bourbons.  I liked them all, even the cheaper ones.  My parents both drank Jim Beam, and to me, Jim Beam and later, Wild Turkey, are a "holiday flavor" as much as sugar cookies with sprinkles.  Dad would have a little bottle in the truck for when we would get back from hunting, with frozen butts.  We'd take a few nips to "warm up" a little.  And if we would get a deer, then sippin' Beam and Coke while we processed it.  I am glad I have those memories to treasure. 

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 04:21:29 AM »
Semi adult bevs @ 101?
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

badsection

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 04:59:01 AM »
Semi adult bevs @ 101?
I just refuse to grow up sometimes or it's my second childhood.  LOL! My friend that runs my local booze store says 85-90% of his repeat customers buy exactly the same thing every time. I try different/new stuff a lot. He does ask me what I think of my purchase. I have picked some real losers, too.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 08:29:56 AM »
 :)
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

badsection

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »
Crown Royal makes a "sour mash" Canadian whiskey.  They ruined it!  I tried a new Tequila. I forgot the name, but a case of it would make a good door stop or grass killer. It wasn't cheap.  My booze store had McCallan scotch on sale for a while, great stuff. I got tired of it.  ;D  Good Canadian is 40 creek.  Another good bourbon is Evan Williams single barrel.  He has Patron Tequila on sale, top shelf!  My favorite cheap rum is naked turtle. Tanqueray is the only gin I buy.   Vodka is Tito's or cheap Pinacle . Keep in mind, I drink most of my booze on the rocks, no mixers. I will put a few drops of Rose's lime juice in the rum,vodka or the gin.  My friend that got killed and I would make some frozen drinks when we had fresh off the tree mangos.  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:04:07 PM by badsection »

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »
Semi adult bevs @ 101?

We will know when Bad has matured when his age and the proof of his whiskey is the same. :o
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

badsection

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 01:18:40 PM »
Semi adult bevs @ 101?

We will know when Bad has matured when his age and the proof of his whiskey is the same. :o
   Pot Strength Red Breast Irish Whiskey, 114 Proof!  :-)  Very expensive, special occasions only, just days that end in "Y"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:56:47 PM by badsection »