Spike Camp

Who All Carries A Pocket Knife ?

Re: Who All Carries A Pocket Knife ?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 09:45:27 PM »
I always carry a pocket knife,have done for close to 60 years.my current one is a Benchmade folder with a clip
Max

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 07:11:38 AM »
I carried a Schrade 3 folder all thru highschool.While others were getting theirs taken away by teachers and the principle.I just kept mine in my pocket and never had any problem.That way I wasn't without it,when at work,before and after school.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

txaggie

• If it bleeds we can kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2021, 07:42:13 AM »
carry a little buck single blade old school - girls bought me a tooled sheath for Christmas with my initials on it so now it gets carried on my belt;

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 08:30:33 AM »
I carried a Schrade 3 folder all thru highschool.While others were getting theirs taken away by teachers and the principle.I just kept mine in my pocket and never had any problem.That way I wasn't without it,when at work,before and after school.
That 3 folder is called a "stockman" . It's one of the older designs still around. I have a Case stockman. The same design with 2 blades is called a "trapper" .  They both come in various sizes.   :)

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 08:36:19 AM »
 I thought Tom's was like mine? I still have and carry my Schrade NY USA "Old Timer" 340T. (3 blade folding)
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 09:13:40 AM »
Don't leave home with out one and have it on me most of the time at home also.
Been carrying since I was 10 and started with a Barlow graduated to and Old timer and then a case , Buck Kershaw, Gerber, Berretta and who knows what other brand since If I see something I like I buy it. There is always one laying some where for me to pick up and put in my pocket at home.
Been known to only carry a little 2 blade folder with about 1 1/2" blade while hunting and dressed a many a white tail with it.
Present carry is a Buck Prince which is over due for retirement since I have had to dress the tip so it doesn't cut me when I reach into my pocket since the tip was exposed when closed.
TD

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 09:21:52 AM »
Your correct Grouchy, it is a Stockman design.
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 09:55:39 AM »
Schrade was in NY, not sure they are still in business in the U S. Case is in Bradford PA. , same town is famous for Zippo lighters. I do have a serial numbered Case trapper that is worth it's weight in gold, or at least 22LR ammo at CTD.  ;D  I've been buying, trading and selling knives for 50 years. Buck, Case, Ka-Bar and Bench Made are still made here. Some Columbia River knives are made here .  :)

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 12:28:38 PM »
I have always carried a pocket knife. As a kid doing farm chores a sharp pocket knife was very handy to cut the strings on the hay and straw bales.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 04:37:21 PM »
One time in class I remember there had been a big knife roundup and a fellow student didn't like it that my knife didn't get confiscated and said to the teacher "why didn't Tom get his knife taken away?" and the teacher,knowing the deal,said " I didn't see him playing with his knife".

Hell,now if you even have a 22 casing on the dash of your pickup,an empty from a semi auto kicked up there you can get your parking lot rights taken away,or a 3 day suspension,all kinds of crap.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2021, 07:31:34 PM »
One time in Walmart I saw a couple beat up boxes with Case on them. They had a Trapper and a Stockman's knife in them. Bought them both cheap on sale. I put the Trapper with both blades partially open on a frame with  stick on plate with the name and birth date of my Cousin's son. On the back I wrote a few details about how his Dad used to come to the ranch for the summers and I hoped he would visit as well.  I think it's still hanging on his bedroom wall.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 02:39:07 AM »
I have my dad's Buck 110  lock back hunter from the early 60's. Buck still makes them with the very same ebony wood scales. I do have some limited productions from Buck . They might be worth a few dollars more, but not the same "value" as my dad's knife.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 03:23:08 AM by Grouchy »

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 06:34:55 AM »
Big muddy that's good thinking hidding the knife in the plant pot. I'm not that smart.
Grouchy I love those Buck 110's I have bought many for gifts. Bought 2 for my bosses last year and had there names laser engraved on them.
But funny I don't have one for my own.
I have to check out those bench made. Those are real nice. And I wasn't even aware of them.
I had another Remington 2 blade. It's was about the size of my buck. But I lost That the a hole in the pocket. Still have the box should see if I can E bay one for back up.
Mark

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 07:00:36 AM »
Most of the Remington knives are made in China now. If you are prone to losing them, they are decent and fairly cheap.  I'm not much on carrying a knife in my pocket. I use a belt pouch with a Velcro flap.  I  take off the clip on most knives I carry but save them in case I trade it. That Bench Made Bugout pictured  has been a huge seller for them. It weighs under 2 ounces and costs about $130. I get most of my knives and belt pouches from agrussell.com .  Smokey Mountain Knife Works is another good source.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:05:08 AM by Grouchy »

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 07:07:41 AM »
My Dad and I each got a big Boker tree brand folder in a nice leather sheath. I wore mine until I wore a hole in the bottom of the sheath and Dad's went in his sock drawer. I think a grandson might have got it. They had to be on your belt created
quite the "Bump" in your pocket.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild