Spike Camp

The NRA situation

The NRA situation
« on: January 21, 2021, 11:31:37 AM »
Well, the latest I heard is that the NRA is now having trouble proceeding with reorganization in Texas, due in part to the NY charges involving Wayne La Pierre siphoning operations money for his own pocket. This guy lives like a king and should have been gone years ago - now the organization could possibly bite the dust because of him. It may become necessary for the states to implement their own 2nd A protections. I saw that Gov. Greg Abbott is trying to declare the entire state of Texas a 2nd Amendment sanctuary. I emailed him with my support. You other guys here in TX, please do the same.
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Re: The NRA situation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:30:50 PM »
The lame stream media is calling the attempted bankruptcy is a sham. Yup, they are digging the NRA into a hole and need to stop digging. Dumping La Pierre would be a good start. Is it just me or did the NRA disappear in the election?

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 01:18:55 PM »
I, too, was wondering the same thing, Grouchy.  Four years ago at election time there seemed to be a lot of press about the NRA.  This last go-round there was nothing mentioned that I saw.  I hope that is not a foreboding sign of things to come.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 01:45:52 PM »
Keep in mind, the press was so pro Biden that the NRA may have been intentionally ignored. That is a stretch of my imagination?

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 02:26:00 PM »
Don't know when the bankruptcy process started, but maybe they couldn't spend money they claimed they didn't have?
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 03:02:19 PM »
Don't know when the bankruptcy process started, but maybe they couldn't spend money they claimed they didn't have?
Yet they claim they are good in finances to the members! That opens doors to the NY AG that were not open before. They have a overaged moron in charge! We need to look elsewhere for gun support until La Pierre takes his golden parachute!

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 03:47:14 PM »
In my mind he's already taken his golden parachute the sorry SOB
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 03:52:34 PM »
What the hell, it's only our money, not his! Ultimate power begets ultimate corruption.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 04:38:42 PM »
Just saw on NewsMax that the judge hearing the case said the NY lawsuit seeking the NRA's dissolution can go forward.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 08:05:16 AM »
Saw that too. It doesn't look good. If I were them, I'd already be forming an entirely new non-profit replacement organization in Texas without Wayne. It could still be called NRA (Never Relinquish Arms).
Come and take it.