Spike Camp

Hunting Theft

Hunting Theft
« on: November 01, 2022, 05:51:52 AM »
Last Thur. I noticed 2 of my cell cameras were messed with from behind. They took several pics like someone was moving them.  I thought they were either smashed or stolen. Then I thought the same with my pop up blind and chair.
But after a day. My camera's took pics just aimed in different places.
So sat. I drove the 221 miles up north and went to my blind in the dark. Only to find there was no blind or chair. Just my carpet floor over the sand soil.
I had brought up a Spain blind just in case. My cameras were not stolen because I had master python cable locks on them.
I put up my other pop up blind. And aimed a camera at it.
I plan on going back up and adding signs that this blind is being watched by surveillance cameras.
That kind of stuff just makes my blood boil.
I would love to catch them on camera.
Mark

3X8

• View Profile
Re: Hunting Theft
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 06:25:16 AM »
  :(  >:(

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 09:27:46 AM »
It almost sounds like someone you know. They knew where the cameras were and took what they could. I had the luck to carch a thief recently trying to steal a 47lb. bag of dog food out of my pick up.  I ponged his head off the tailgate. I may have over done that a bit.  ;D

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 10:17:00 AM »
Last year, we had poachers on camera, and they left 4 dead hogs in our property.  We found the casing, and all.  We turned in all the evidence to the DNR Officer, and we never heard any updates on it.  Even with clear pictures of the poachers.  I detest thieves. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 10:29:49 AM »
Kevin you are right. I do suspect the group of guys that own property close by. They have never messed with me before. But my cameras were both messed with 2 mins apart. On a week day atv12:38
And the blind was steaked down with 18" trapping steaks.  They didn't even try to get them out They just tore the blind free of them. They wanted my blind gone. Not in good usable condition.
Mark

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 11:19:55 AM »
Is this a leased property? They may want your lease or access to the hunting there. I'd report it to your DNR and police, you may not be the only victim here.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 11:57:30 AM »
It's state land leased by shell oil. There are natural gas wells all through it.
Mark

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2022, 01:21:00 PM »
I'd be careful about leaving anything of value there. I knew a guy that has the same problem. He rented a storage locker near his hunting lease to avoid moving it a bunch.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2022, 03:00:26 PM »
FCUK I HATE THEIVES!!  >:( >:( >:(
Aussie gun nut.

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2022, 06:02:33 PM »
Hard to believe the cables sopped them. I had a cell camera stolen that was in a lock box and security cable and it was about in the center of a 200 acre lease.

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2022, 08:34:37 PM »
I was surprised when both cameras took picks after they were messed with. That's why I didn't think they had stold my blind. And I went there with plans on hunting it.
They were just dumb theifs.
I just made 3 warning signs area under servalence.  I will pound them in next to the blind.
And of course extra cameras  hidden watching the blind.
Claymore Land Minds would be over kill. Lol
Mark

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2022, 09:02:21 PM »
And of course extra cameras  hidden watching the blind.
Claymore Land Minds would be over kill. Lol

Not to mention the damage they would do to your blind.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2022, 04:18:36 AM »
Maybe better signs to place would state "Not Responsible For Fatal Accidents" and "Enter Area At Your Own Risk"
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2022, 08:03:32 AM »
Being 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from the lease sure makes it hard for real surveillance, unless you get pictures of the thieves and get the law involved. Theft and destruction of property should carry a heavier fine than it does. Hope you can find out whose responsible. 
DosEquisShooter

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2022, 08:20:04 AM »
Just a thought, maybe the kind of critter traps truck driver+2 suggested in in the thread" just one reason you need guns. Camo them up a bit and who's to say you weren't hunting critters if a thief gets caught.
DosEquisShooter