Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Deluxe

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Deluxe
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2018, 04:06:52 PM »
I completely agree with you there Elvis. I too find that the Weatherby style stock just fits me and as you put it, it just melts into you.
Aussie gun nut.

Galiano

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2018, 06:31:53 AM »
I like the line "Weatherby Mark V Deluxe is the Rolls-Royce of hunting rifles." I've been thinking the same thing, just couldn't verbalize it. Couldn't agree more.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2018, 09:05:08 AM »
Who manufactures the Mark V Deluxe stock for Weatherby. It is called "AA" grade fancy walnut, while the Vanguard Deluxe is called a "AA" claro walnut with high gloss finish. Is there a difference in the woods used, since they both say "AA" grade, or is it the same type wood with different finishes?
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2018, 10:10:33 AM »
The AA grading means the level of figure (the amount of grain for a lack of a better way to put it) not the type of wood.  There's several different walnut woods such as but not limited to English, Turkish, and Carlo.  The same is true with Maples and Oaks, there's hard maple, soft maple, curly maple, bird's eye maple, white oak, yellow oak to name just a few.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

JJEH

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2020, 11:06:14 AM »
I sure love mine, made in Germany between 1964 - 1973.

Jorge

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2021, 02:50:17 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I don’t even know if I’m going about this the correct way as far as posting. My fiancé has generously purchased me Mark V deluxe chambered in 6.5x300. I have shot your major rifle calibers, even some big ones. The recoil on this rifle is punishing for me. I have a spinal condition and it definitely has caused some flair up issues. Are there good recoil management solutions for the deluxe model rifles? I saw the accubreak ST, but not sure that will fit my rifle. I’m obviously not going to get rid of it, it’s a beautiful work of art. Any suggestions that you can provide would be so appreciated!!

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2021, 02:51:57 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I don’t even know if I’m going about this the correct way as far as posting. My fiancé has generously purchased me Mark V deluxe chambered in 6.5x300. I have shot your major rifle calibers, even some big ones. The recoil on this rifle is punishing for me. I have a spinal condition and it definitely has caused some flair up issues. Are there good recoil management solutions for the deluxe model rifles? I saw the accubreak ST, but not sure that will fit my rifle. I’m obviously not going to get rid of it, it’s a beautiful work of art. Any suggestions that you can provide would be so appreciated!!

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2021, 08:04:24 PM »
Try a slip over recoil pad from Limbsaver
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2021, 04:29:24 PM »
Welcome to the Nation. I too would suggest a slip on shoulder pad. I just bought one myself for range work. It may be that you will need a brake fitted. I would suggest sending it to Weatherby to have one fitted as it will need to have the dark gloss blueing done to match your rifle.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2021, 02:25:40 AM »
Recently picked this up on a trade. Going by the serial # looks like a 1961. Came with a Weatherby scope. This is my first Weatherby. Any info on this would be great. Thanks.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2021, 10:44:09 AM »
What caliber is it?

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2021, 02:22:33 PM »
It is a 300 magnum

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2021, 11:50:53 AM »
What are you wondering about your German made Mark V?

Remember 10534

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2021, 10:10:44 PM »
I bought a brand new Mark V Deluxe several months ago, chambered in .243 Winchester. Beautiful rifle. Because of Covid, health issues and helping get ready for our first grandchild, I wasn’t able to get to the range until last weekend. With my son and daughter in law (both avid shooters) I took it out, opened the breach and put a Nosler round in. I pushed the bolt full forward, then attempted to push down to lock it in place.
It wouldn’t move. Nothing. I tried different manufacturers bullets. No go. I tried a little extra oil. Nothing. I tried with the safety on and off. Nothing still. I’m not going to force it as it works perfectly with no bullet in it.
I called Weatherby and the Customer Service guy told me he had no idea what the issue is. He offered no help other than to send it in.
This gun hasn’t even fired one shot. The gun, with the scope, set me back nearly $5,000.
And all I get is the offer to send me one of their flimsy cardboard boxes to ship it back.
I’m beyond pissed.
Don’t their assemblers put a bullet in at the factory? What, exactly, are their quality control standards?
Now this rifle will be gone for at least a month during prime target shooting weather. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks for reading my rant

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2022, 01:11:26 PM »
I have to agree with most of the posters about the beauty of theses rifles and the way the stocks fits so well. To the last poster, they are beautiful rifles but like anything there will be slip ups now and then, your chamber problem being one. My Deluxe MK5 came with some machining damage to the bore. Sent it in for warranty work and 7 months later it arrived looking as good as ever and with a bore that looked as good as the rest of the rifle. Contact the warranty department and I’m sure they’ll make it good. Might take a while though.