Spike Camp

New Mark V CarbonMark

New Mark V CarbonMark
« on: September 04, 2019, 02:37:20 PM »
Really like the Looks of the new CarbonMark (like the price too compared to the out going model). I was hoping someone could confirm if the barrel is free floated or not? I would assume so, but want to make sure. Really considering trading my Terramark in 7mm wby for one in 6.5 wby rpm or 6.5-300, Kind of like the idea of the 6lug action saving 1lb of weight. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks

Re: New Mark V CarbonMark
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 02:47:33 PM »
Nothing on the Weatherby Carbonmark web page indicates it's free-floated.  Two options:

>  The old dollar bill test -- slip it in between the barrel and forend and try running it down to the receiver.

> Just reach out to Weatherby and ask ... they're good folks about answering technical questions like that.  Should be
        a quick answer for ya.
Roy was a genius.  Period.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 03:08:09 PM »
Really like the Looks of the new CarbonMark (like the price too compared to the out going model). I was hoping someone could confirm if the barrel is free floated or not? I would assume so, but want to make sure. Really considering trading my Terramark in 7mm wby for one in 6.5 wby rpm or 6.5-300, Kind of like the idea of the 6lug action saving 1lb of weight. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks

Wondering the same thing? Really like the looks of it. One in 6.5 RPM might find its way to my house before long. Would also love to see it or something very similar available in a 340 Bee.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:47:14 PM »
Nothing on the Weatherby Carbonmark web page indicates it's free-floated.  Two options:

>  The old dollar bill test -- slip it in between the barrel and forend and try running it down to the receiver.

> Just reach out to Weatherby and ask ... they're good folks about answering technical questions like that.  Should be
        a quick answer for ya.

Took your advice. Talked with Chip at Weatherby. He confirmed the CarbonMark is free floated. Also said they will be shipping by the end of the month. Probably will pull the trigger on one just have to decide on what cartridge.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 07:18:26 PM »
I am diggin the new carbonmark as well. I bought a 6.5-300 ultralight earlier this year and have been enjoying it. I just called my dealer to get a price on the new carbonmark in the big 6.5 and left handed!
Better a sister in a whorehouse than a brother with a Remington!

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »
I am diggin the new carbonmark as well. I bought a 6.5-300 ultralight earlier this year and have been enjoying it. I just called my dealer to get a price on the new carbonmark in the big 6.5 and left handed!

What were you quoted if you don’t mind me asking?

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »
Dealer hasnt got back to me with a price yet

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »
Just got the price of $3,299 quoted to me. Canadian $$$$