« on: January 02, 2019, 10:42:22 PM »
Notice what's missing?

Somebody's got time to monitor this site but not keep us imformed\
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

dpurplefox66

Re: Must have ruffled some feathers
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 11:35:07 PM »
I ruffled adam weatherby,s feathers when i called him out. I will try this another way. Adam weatherby i invite you to explain why you continue to ignore proven loyal fans of yours why you continue to ignore your own website and inform people on facebook and other sources of social media? I know someone at weatherby has time to remove my post calling adam out. Adam if you care at all about this matter i welcome your response. One thing i will not do is apologize for the things i have said.

ctw

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 06:44:05 AM »
  Looks like I missed that one. To bad there's any kind of rift at all. I can't help but think this sight isn't near as healthy with out the communication between weatherby and the nation members. That is what made this sight so appealing to me and others in the first place. ctw

dpurplefox66

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 08:00:32 AM »
Well just as i though the ceo of weatherby has time to inform all the social media and  continue to treat loyal customers like they mean nothing at all.  Once again i Derrill Lewis Fox as a  loyal customer i invite you Adam to explain why the treatment like dirt so let's hear from you Adam

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 08:19:52 AM »
 ???
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 09:01:50 AM »
Apparently the thread I started inquiring if anyone has heard updates on the new headquarters/factory has been deleted because Weatherby didn't like somebody's comment? I would think they would make some sort of statement rather than that. Disappointing. At this rate, I wonder how much longer this forum will exist. Facebook can kiss my back pockets and I won't be going there to find things Weatherby. I hope they realize what they are doing - very bad PR.
Come and take it.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:11:45 AM »
So Long Farewell and Good by.
It won't belong before this forum is history when you openly abuse and thrash talk the owner.
Though I agree with what some are saying just remember it exist because they want it to and will disappear when it is convenient for them to do so and like the deleted post with out warning. 
TD

dpurplefox66

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 09:16:44 AM »
So Long Farewell and Good by.
It won't belong before this forum is history when you openly abuse and thrash talk the owner.
Though I agree with what some are saying just remember it exist because they want it to and will disappear when it is convenient for them to do so and like the deleted post with out warning.
I trash talk the owner because he is forgetting who  are his loyal  customers or were. Sorry if you disagree with me but i will call it like i see it.

dpurplefox66

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 10:32:53 AM »
I guess sending pm,s and multiple posts adam is showing how much he cares about his customers

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 10:44:36 AM »
I wouldn't be too hard on Adam, he's the President of the company and times have changed from what they were when his grandfather and father were at the reigns. His media department might need a wake up call though.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 11:21:44 AM »
+1
To be fair, Adam is probably not the person that deleted that thread. Likely some webmaster/moderator of this forum. I had a realization a minute ago - in the minds of marketing and advertising people, older consumers are not worth paying attention to and there are quite a few "old guys" on here (I'm 61 and a lot are around my age or a bit older) and us old farts are not considered an important market demographic by any corporation, and unfortunately, that probably includes Weatherby's marketing team. Supposedly, older folks (50+) have little disposable income, which often, is far from true. That's why companies now foolishly worship solely at the alter of facebook (and social media in general) - to try getting to the 25-40 demographic, the biggest users of social media BS. This type of communication (forum) is passe in their world, just like email. I think that's why you can't expect respect as loyal consumers anymore if you're over 45. The funny part is, myself and my "old" buddies spend far more annually on firearm related purchases that a LOT of 30 year olds would dream of. This is not a dig at Weatherby, it's just the way things are everywhere nowadays.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 12:05:39 PM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 11:26:49 AM »
I urge all to take some time off from this subject.I don't want it to escalate to the point of a complete shutdown.We are at a time right now that is somewhat unprecedented in the fact that there have been at least 2 posts yanked from the site and several members either booted or got suspended in the last week or so.I like it here and I like the other members as well.This is the only forum I am a member of and I don't want to lose it.I am sorry for making some sarcastic remarks in the posts that have been yanked.I think those statements might have made some other members respond in a way they wouldn't have normally.

Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »
I'm sure Adam has neither the time or the desire to get on this forum and engage in a p-ing contest with any members. I'm sure he has more class than that. I missed the post that has caused this and maybe Adam has too. Like stated above, it was most likely one of his team members that viewed it and removed it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 11:37:14 AM by godscountry »
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 12:16:23 PM »
I urge all to take some time off from this subject.I don't want it to escalate to the point of a complete shutdown.We are at a time right now that is somewhat unprecedented in the fact that there have been at least 2 posts yanked from the site and several members either booted or got suspended in the last week or so.I like it here and I like the other members as well.This is the only forum I am a member of and I don't want to lose it.I am sorry for making some sarcastic remarks in the posts that have been yanked.I think those statements might have made some other members respond in a way they wouldn't have normally.
I agree with Tom. I'm also part of the Old Guard that doesn't want to lose this forum as its the only forum I choose to belong too also. This topic has been covered in the past, and Adam has posted that he appreciates the Nations loyalty and knows we're a central part of Weatherby's success. But FaceBook reaches more people and its the chosen route for releasing information. Is this issue really worth jeopardizing the Weatherby Nation? I don't think so. It just doesn't matter much to me who gets the info first, but thats JMO.
DosEquisShooter

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »
I agree with Tom. I'm also part of the Old Guard that doesn't want to lose this forum as its the only forum I choose to belong too also. This topic has been covered in the past, and Adam has posted that he appreciates the Nations loyalty and knows we're a central part of Weatherby's success. But FaceBook reaches more people and its the chosen route for releasing information. Is this issue really worth jeopardizing the Weatherby Nation? I don't think so. It just doesn't matter much to me who gets the info first, but thats JMO.

I agree gentlemen. I am very appreciative of WBY Nation, and Weatherby for hosting and maintaining it. The members here ARE the heart and soul of this thing, what makes it special. I think WBY themselves posting on here is definitely neat, but I was attracted to this place and keep coming back very frenquently because of the members. Thank you to WBY for allowing this forum to exist and thank you to every member for making it what it is!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....