Spike Camp

The sign is up.

BB340

• View Profile
The sign is up.
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »
Just seen this picture posted on Weatherby Inc facebook page. Plus a post saying they are having a Moving Sale on apparel and collectable on their website. But I couldn't really see much of a "sale" on there. It was mainly womens apparel that was discounted.
Anyway looks like the move may not be all that far away...
Aussie gun nut.

Re: The sign is up.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:51:16 PM »
And yet again the Facebook club gets to see it first.  That BS is getting REALLY OLD FAST!  Maybe Weatherby should make a limited edition Facebook rifle since we're still rating second even after they said they're going to include us in the loop. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 06:06:40 PM »
Never wanted a facebook account and doggoned glad I never opened one especially with all that is coming out lately.
Does that make me a second class Weatherby citizen?

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 07:42:30 PM »
What's facebook?
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:04:57 PM »
Glad you are here to keep us informed Brett. Weatherby should be paying you. Or are they? 8)
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:28:13 PM »
Glad you are here to keep us informed Brett. Weatherby should be paying you. Or are they? 8)

X2, and he's doing a far better job than anyone is at Weatherby
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:23 PM »

X2, and he's doing a far better job than anyone is at Weatherby
X3
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 10:41:29 PM »
I just got back from a snow goose hunting trip which culminated at the NWTF national convention in Nashville. I stopped by the Weatherby booth at the convention center and asked a young gentleman working there when he thought Weatherby would be moved in to their new facility in Wyoming. He said they thought they would all be moved in within a couple weeks. So, hopefully the move goes well and Weatherby will all be settled into their new location soon.

I sure wish more businesses in California would do the same.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 02:59:44 AM »
I just got back from a snow goose hunting trip which culminated at the NWTF national convention in Nashville. I stopped by the Weatherby booth at the convention center and asked a young gentleman working there when he thought Weatherby would be moved in to their new facility in Wyoming. He said they thought they would all be moved in within a couple weeks. So, hopefully the move goes well and Weatherby will all be settled into their new location soon.

The problem is that they are moving and invading Nevada just like they did Oregon. They are driving the cost of living up and now we are a blue state for the first time in many years. Two counties/population centers are determining the political status of he entire state. These two counties are the only two counties in the state that are blue, the rest are all red and a very bright red I might add. Our problem is that these bright red counties combined do not have the population that has come from California because of companies moving out of California and bringing their bright blue employees with them. It sucks and we have no means to turn it around. Voting does not help, we need an electoral college so that we have equal voting power.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 05:15:32 AM »
That's a tough deal.I think Texas could fall to the blue in the next 10 years if not sooner.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 08:41:59 AM »

The problem is that they are moving and invading Nevada just like they did Oregon. They are driving the cost of living up and now we are a blue state for the first time in many years. Two counties/population centers are determining the political status of he entire state. These two counties are the only two counties in the state that are blue, the rest are all red and a very bright red I might add. Our problem is that these bright red counties combined do not have the population that has come from California because of companies moving out of California and bringing their bright blue employees with them. It sucks and we have no means to turn it around. Voting does not help, we need an electoral college so that we have equal voting power.

HDH, that's a very valid point and an astute one at that. Hopefully some of the corporations and employees felt trapped in a liberal state and felt they had to put up with the, to coin a phrase,  galactically stupid that were in control. Probably many of those migrating people are dyed in the wool blue, but theres got to be a lot of good people that don't necessarily swallow all the liberal garbage that's spewed in liberal states. Businesses understand capitalism and can help influence their employees, as we "hope" Weatherby has done with their employees. The sign is up "We are Red".     
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 09:38:45 AM »
King is correct about Texas. We have droves of lefties moving here from California and bringing their stupid liberal baggage with them. They are fleeing their state because they ran it into the ground - now they want to destroy other states they land in that didn't invite such B.S. Austin succumbed to the liberal invasion years ago and now the entire state is in danger of being ruined by these delusional idiots if they keep coming. There have been anti-gun bills being introduced here recently by these commies - we can only hope none of them pass. Then there's Robert "Beto" O'rourke trying to create a disaster of our state. Don't even get me started on that worthless a-hole.
Come and take it.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 10:06:32 AM »
King is correct about Texas. We have droves of lefties moving here from California and bringing their stupid liberal baggage with them. They are fleeing their state because they ran it into the ground - now they want to destroy other states they land in that didn't invite such B.S. Austin succumbed to the liberal invasion years ago and now the entire state is in danger of being ruined by these delusional idiots if they keep coming. There have been anti-gun bills being introduced here recently by these commies - we can only hope none of them pass. Then there's Robert "Beto" O'rourke trying to create a disaster of our state. Don't even get me started on that worthless a-hole.

I recently heard an interview with Lt.  Colonel Allen West, former US Representative and author of ‘Hold Texas, Hold the Union.’ He had some interesting statistics concerning Texas’ Beto near miss. While on one hand it was a bit alarming, on another it gave me some hope.

The numbers he had seen indicated it was an alarming number of young(ish) native Texans driving Beto’s success and a surprising number of “implants” and actually voted the typical Texas conservative way.

It seems Beto may have been very much a product of where the last two generations stand politically in general and, and this is a BIG and, the natural consequence of a very charismatic, superficially appealing politician. Say what you want about Robert O, and I mostly have negative things to say policy wise, but he knew how to play his hand extremely well in that election. Thank goodness it wasn’t enough.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear a much higher number of “out of staters” than I had expected had decided to vote for what made them want to come to TX in the first place.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »
While that sounds encouraging, the huge number of Beto signs I saw last October in both the Houston and Dallas areas was scary to say the least. Enough that I was pretty concerned in November of that tool possibly winning.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:53:50 PM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
While that sounds encouraging, the huge number of Beto signs I saw last October in both the Houston and Dallas areas was scary to say the least. Enough that I was pretty concerned in November of that tool was actually winning.

100%. We gotta hold the line.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....