Spike Camp

A hunt that you would like to do but don't have the money

bugleward

Re: A hunt that you would like to do but don't have the money
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »
Right now I have my dream hunt on the hook. My 13 year old son drew a bighorn ram tag for wyoming for the 08 hunting season. We will be there refreshing my memory of the terrain next weekend. We will also be at the Wyoming FNAWS annual in Lander. So I get to live the dream this fall.

sp6x6

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »
1. Polar bear, 2. Kodiak, 3. Grizzly 4. All the sheep, that would be a good start.

MAG4ME

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 08:53:49 AM »
I have to agree with OB1. For me its about who I am with and not what I am hunting. As far as dream hunts go, I have always dreamed of the first year I could take my oldest son deer hunting in the U.P. of Michigan with my dad still young enough to go with us. This fall that dream is going to become a reality! 3 generations of family with 3 Weatherby's together for a grandfather,father, and son hunt. Does It really get any better! :) :)

DPhillips

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »
1.  Markhor
2.  Altay Argali
3.  Marco Polo Sheep
4.  Mountain Nyala
5.  Bongo

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 04:03:35 PM »
The Asian Sheep have to be number one.

1) Marco Polo Sheep in Tajikstan.
2) Altai  Argali and Ibex in Mongolia.
3) Snow Sheep in Siberia.
4) Blue Sheep in China.

Then I would stay the other American Sheep.
1) Rocky Mountain Big Horn in Alberta.
2) Stone Sheep in British Columbia
3) Desert Big Horn Sheep in Sonora Mexico.

I would be pretty happy after that.

Sincerely,

Thomas
Sincerely,

Thomas

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 06:44:34 PM »
Well, I am too old and fat to hunt sheep even though I would love to do it. Like many of you, I have been fortunate to have hunted on some wonderful hunts that are great memories now. Some of my greatest hunts have been several backpack elk hunts in Idaho where I hunted for 7-8 days and never saw another human being! Not that I don't like other hunters, but to be there, alone, deep in the wilderness --priceless! ;D I wouldn't trade any amount of money for those times!

zon in wa st

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 07:59:48 PM »
Unfortuneately,  just to get to my normal deer spot, which is close to home will be a challenge this year!!!!  Gas will eat us alive, but oh well.  Alaska moose would be my ultimate, to me that would be the trophy of my life.  I have heard from buddies that it is as much fun and the country is as beautiful as in my dreams.  I have also heard that the price of the trip is quite a pretty penny.  Not only the trip but getting your meat and trophy home is also an enormous expense.  According to my son,  in 3 or 4 more years (when he gets out of school) a trip of this sort will be on our calendar.  Hope you get a better job than me son.

jcraub79

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 10:48:45 PM »
this is to everybody who thinks hunting out west or a dream hunt is out oftheir price range.  Guys just check around and do your research. Hell I thought I would never be able to hunt out west but I became friends with some guys in Idaho, and hunt elk and mule deer out there just about every year. cost? I take about 2 grand. I fly from syracuse, to salt lake city(rt airfare last year was 301 bucks) licenses were about 750 total, my buddy picks us up in salt lake and takes back to black foot to a motel or his place. we take his camper into the mountains. got to sams or safewy for food and even havea night out on the town before we head to the hills. go for it saving that extra is easier thank you think. No you might not kill a record book animal, but if that is all you care about I truly feel bad for you. go see some gorgeous country, and have fun.

Gorion

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 06:54:19 PM »
Canadian Moose hunt would be a dream come true for me.

W30378

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »
In todays economy the answer to this post comes down to just about coming up with the bucks for hunting almost anything.  My preference would be for Marco Polo Sheep.  I do have to say not all but some of the outfitters pricing is just insane. 
NRA Benefactor