Spike Camp

Long Distance Long Ears Wyoming Buck

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
Long Distance Long Ears Wyoming Buck
« on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:40 AM »
This Wyoming buck was shot about two days after the New Mexico Curly Antler buck. I was hunting with my brother when we spotted this buck about 400 yards away. We had just come up a draw and slowly crested the ridge to peer over it. Over the years we have spooked bucks that were bedded within the top third of a ridge. We learned to take our time to prevent us from being busted and having to shoot at a running buck or hope they would stop and look back at what spooked them. When we first started hunting out west, many years ago, it seemed they were not as leary as they are now. You could jump a buck and they would take off and then after a 100-200 yards they would stop and look back. You then had an opportunity for a decent shot. In the past 20 yrs or so, they would take off and not look back. They became more like our whitetail bucks.
 Across the draw and about ten yards below the top of the next ridge, this buck was bedded down. It spotted us and started moving. Joel was already on his knee and had his rifle up and I told him to take it. He was using using his 300 Browning win mag shot and dropped it. What we noticed when we walked up on this buck was his absolutely monster size ears.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:45:08 AM by Michiganhunter »
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

badsection

Re: Long Distance Wyoming Buck
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »
Cool!   :)

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:31:36 PM »
That boy has some ears on him!! LOL!!

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 05:35:53 PM »
LMAO!!!!  Poor deer, I'm sure he was laughed at all the time.  ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:38:55 PM »
Looks like his ears got to full maturity before his horns did.
DosEquisShooter

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 08:58:27 PM »
There are fellas a dime a dozen with a decent buck on the wall. Ain’t every day you see a pair of trophy ears like that!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »
Yep.Mount them ears. ;D
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 04:26:44 AM »
I’m pretty sure he heard us before he saw us. I wonder if his dna had a few strands of Dumbo’s?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:43:38 AM by Michiganhunter »
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.