Spike Camp

New products for 2019?

BB340

• View Profile
Re: New products for 2019?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »
I also would like to see a 7mm-378. In addition, I would really dig an affordable-ish re-release of the 224 Wby mini Mark V.

Also, I always welcome more wood stock options! Less plastic, more wood please!  :)

Yes that's a big +1 fro more wood options! Should be able to select higher grades of wood. Even if thru custom shop.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 09:23:03 AM »
I also would like to see a 7mm-378. In addition, I would really dig an affordable-ish re-release of the 224 Wby mini Mark V.

Also, I always welcome more wood stock options! Less plastic, more wood please!  :)

Yes that's a big +1 fro more wood options! Should be able to select higher grades of wood. Even if thru custom shop.

absolutely!!
JW

I like rifles with wood stocks

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 10:33:42 AM »
The Vanguard Deluxe have decent wood but it's plain jane in my opinion, I don't think upgrading the Vanguard wood is viable if you want to keep it in the highly competitive market that it resides. The Mark V's have beautiful Walnut wood but something in Maple would sure be pretty.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 11:28:42 AM »
There was some good new stuff for 2018, but I think it's safe to say Weatherby is holding off on new offerings for 2019 until the move is complete. Once things gear up in Wyoming, I think you'll see a lot of cool new things.
Come and take it.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 04:17:30 PM »
I started a topic a while back about how fancy or much figure Weatherby stocks had when they were made in Germany, Japan, and now the U.S.A.  I said how it seemed like the Japanese stocks consistently had significantly more figure in their stocks opposed to the German and U.S.A. versions.  Don't get me wrong all their stocks are beautiful but I wish they'd have the high level of figure like the Japanese versions had.  Also I prefer the Japanese checkering pattern opposed to the current one.  Yeah I'm getting older but to me that checkering pattern just screams Weatherby.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
A good laminate stock does both, looks good and is more weather resistant and I believe it hasn't been done on a Mark V! Just a thought!  :)

Yes now there's a thought. That is something completely different from a Weatherby point of view.
I put a boyds laminate stock on my SS Mark V .270 Wby and it isn't too bad.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 06:35:45 PM »
That looks nice. I have a Remington 700 LSS in a 358 STA that has a similar look.

Does everyone think Weatherby will wait until their move is complete to introduce their 2019 lineup? Most companies generally put out their catalog shortly after the SHOT Show.

Heck...the year will be half over by the time Weatherby completes their move.
JK

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 07:07:47 PM »
I think Weatherby will be announcing their new products at the SHOT Show, with production lagging behind until the new building in Wyoming is going full force. So hopefully we will find out something in 2 weeks.?!  ::)
Doug

alejandropam

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 07:19:14 AM »
hola Amigos, estoy pensando en ir Argentina a Cazar Ciervos Rojos en el mes de Mayo 2020, queria saber si me puede ayudar con que tipo de arma debo llevar? Hace un par de aÒos estuve alli cazando palomas. En su
momento les pregunte a la gente de https://tgboutfitters.com/, con quien hice la caza, y me recomendaron llevar un rilfe especial para eso.

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 08:17:51 AM »
7-378 Hmm. Interesting. I remember several here said Weatherby would never make the 6.5-300.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 08:41:19 AM »
Hello there Nation.  We do have some exciting things coming out this year, even in the midst of our transition.  We will have a couple announcements at SHOT Show and then plan to launch the other products as they are available.  Rather than doing one big annual announcement of new products, we will be announcing products throughout the year as they are ready for release.  We do have several great product releases that will be announced between now and the summer.  I think there are a couple of them in particular that you guys will really like.  Stay tuned...

Adam

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 09:01:34 AM »
Thanks for the update Adam!!! Knew you would chime in sooner then latter. I need to add a new Weatherby to my collection, so hopefully I will putting my order in at Reeds Gun Fair in April.
Doug

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 02:57:50 PM »
I want to say that Weatherby had a short run of Mark Vs with a laminated stock.  The Mark V SLS (Stainless Laminate Sporter).  It would be nice it they brought it back.  I'd love to have one. :)

Blackbear, do you like dealing with Reeds Gun Shop?  My son bought a rifle from them on Gunbroker, and had a very good experience with them.  Their prices are very competitive.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 03:18:15 PM »
I want to say that Weatherby had a short run of Mark Vs with a laminated stock.  The Mark V SLS (Stainless Laminate Sporter).  It would be nice it they brought it back.  I'd love to have one. :)

Blackbear, do you like dealing with Reeds Gun Shop?  My son bought a rifle from them on Gunbroker, and had a very good experience with them.  Their prices are very competitive.
  I have bought a bunch from Reed's and they rate a 100% approval from me!

I have also bought from them. Great to deal with in my experience.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 03:19:24 PM »

I have nothing but good things to say about Reeds (Northern Firearms) and since its a 2 1/2 hour drive I just pick up my firearms in person. Their Gun Fair in April has all the major manufacturer's on site and you can try out rifles, shotguns and pistols on the range.  Besides good sale prices, I've been given a hat, box of ammo and Browning pays the sales tax with my past purchases!!
Doug