Spike Camp

New Mark V's and new cartridge launching Sep 3

New Mark V's and new cartridge launching Sep 3
« on: September 02, 2019, 04:19:27 PM »
Hello Nation.  I see that there are some threads on the upcoming releases.  I encourage you to check weatherby.com on the 3rd to see all the new offerings.  Actually, it will go live just before midnight tonight (the 2nd) if you feeling like staying up late and checking it out.  I can't tell you how excited I am personally about the whole new line up.  Here are a few teasers for you Nation members...

1. All new Mark V's will come with a brand new "creep free" Triggertech trigger built specifically for the Mark V and is adjustable. 
2. We have an all-new Accubrake (Accubrake ST) which is a slimline break and one that has more standard threads for suppressors. 
3. We have several new models that feature carbon fiber stocks. 
4. We have new carbon fiber barrels at a much more competitive price.
5. Our new Backcountry Ti features a Titanium action, carbon fiber stock, patent pending recoil pad, new Accubrake ST, etc... and comes in at under 5 lbs. (Oh and some of you may wonder why no Monte Carlo stock.  We were able to save between 3-4 oz by eliminating the extra material needed). 
6. We are launching a new cartridge, the 6.5 Wby RPM (rebated precision magnum).  This new cartridge features our first ever straight walled, rebated rim cartridge.  The whole premise was to maximize the Mark V 6 lug action.  The bottom line is that it allows us to have a sub 5 lb rifle that harnesses magnum performance (1500 ft lbs of energy at 500 yards).  This new cartridge will be great for either the Backcountry or even those that want it in another model for other shooting purposes.  Also, for those of you wanting more cartridge introductions, don't worry...we have more to come over the next couple years  :)
7. Spiral fluted bolts
8. All new pricing (all models are priced to be quite competitive). 

With the combination of the Backcountry Ti and the 6.5 Wby RPM we can honestly say that we have achieved the combination of the fastest and lightest rifle at a production price.  This is an example of the innovation you will be seeing from Weatherby in the years to come.  I hope you enjoy the new line up as much as we do!

All the best,

Adam

Re: New Mark V's and new cartridge launching Sep 3
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 04:59:09 PM »
All of this is very interesting!  Trigger Tech triggers are incredible to shoot, and this is terrific news for the Mark V!  Thanks for the news Adam and good luck!
BPH

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 05:21:33 PM »
Outstanding. Thank you very much for the information.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 05:43:45 PM »
Nice. I love light rifles so may look into that Titanium model. Thanks for putting up this post Adam.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 05:49:46 PM »
Sounds interesting. Will be looking forward to seeing the rifle and the ballistics on the 6.5 Wby RPM.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »
That sounds like a great backpacking rifle.
I have been thinking about selling some. This may the reason l need to do it
Thanks Adam

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 06:03:24 PM »
This sounds incredible!! :)
Thanks Adam!!

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 06:05:49 PM »
Thanks a million for keeping us in the loop.  Good luck with the new cartridge and all the new rifles. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 06:19:15 PM »
Thank you for the update Adam, as a lifelong Wyoming resident I’m very excited to see all of your new products.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 06:33:58 PM »
Thanks For the update Adam, I guess I will be staying up late tonight!!
Doug

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 06:38:03 PM »
Thanks for the update Adam, I’m looking forward to seeing the new additions to the Weatherby lineup. That Backcountry Ti sounds very enticing especially in the new 6.5 wby rpm. I didn’t even have a chance to shoot my 6.5-300 wby yet!
Scott

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 06:42:49 PM »
Adam, Thank you VERY much for the sneak peek and now I have to stay up until midnight to see the rest. Thanks for keeping the Nation in the lop.

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 06:48:27 PM »
Me too... I'll have to stay up and see whats new also. Thanks Adam.
Bill

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 07:15:44 PM »
Thank you Adam for the heads up and hope all the new stuff catches on.
Any man who would compromise his freedom in pursuit of safety deserves neither freedom or safety...BF

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 07:24:34 PM »
Thanks for the post Adam.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!