Spike Camp

weather

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: weather
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2021, 10:56:50 AM »
It must a GS thing.  Lucky used to do it, but she would put her cold nose on your face.  Kaly will sit by you and stare, if no response, she would nudge you with her nose.  LOL!!!!!  It doesn't happen often, but if on the weekend I'm laying in bed, she'll let you know she needs to go.

We've been getting our fair share of weather, the last one that came through was on Wed and it was packing some high winds with the potential of tornadoes.  We got some good and needed rain. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2021, 07:37:41 PM »

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2021, 07:42:16 PM »
Well, at least Mother's Day won't be too bad. Enjoy.
DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2021, 06:34:11 AM »
85% humidity this morning! My sunglasses instantly fog up outside. 

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2021, 08:16:07 AM »
Mix of light rain/snow and foggy. Rained most of the day yesterday, changed to snow last night
Mike

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2021, 02:00:50 PM »
I got some much needed rain this afternoon. I might be enough to trip the rain override on my sprinklers set to run at 0300 tomorrow.  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2021, 02:34:11 PM »
Drizzle and light rain here again today. The spring on the side of mountain just above the house has water, second time l have seen it running water in the 15 years l have lived here
Mike

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2021, 09:07:07 PM »
60 miles north of me is getting baseball size hail and 55mph winds.This storm has been hitting every little town it's been going over for the last 100 miles.Had hail from the very beginning at quarter size and as it's gone NE it's gotten to baseball size and the winds are getting worse.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2021, 11:10:42 PM »
60 miles north of me is getting baseball size hail and 55mph winds.This storm has been hitting every little town it's been going over for the last 100 miles.Had hail from the very beginning at quarter size and as it's gone NE it's gotten to baseball size and the winds are getting worse.

That hail is so destructive, feel sorry for those folks.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2021, 02:14:47 AM »
I've been caught outside in pea sized hail and saw golf ball size. I can only imagine baseball size and the damage.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2021, 05:42:44 AM »
I have actually been in a guy's living room,during a bad hail storm,and an oblong hail ball came thru the roof and hit the floor.It was 5 inches wide and 6.5 inches long.It was the first weekend in May about 25 years ago.The whole town got new roofs that year.Broke out every window there was on main street downtown.All the retail stores.

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2021, 07:27:25 AM »
Here is our forecast for today Monday is a Weather Alert Day! We are expecting numerous strong to severe storms to swing through our entire area today. Make sure you have multiple ways to receive weather alerts!

The Storm Prediction Center has Abilene and areas out to the west and north of Abilene under a Moderate Risk (Level 4/5) for strong to severe storms. The rest of our area is under an Enhanced Risk (Level 3/5).

Numerous strong to severe storms will be possible in our area today. The best chance for these storms will be late Monday afternoon into Monday night.

Storms capable of producing very large hail up to the size of softballs and damaging winds of 70 to 80 mph will be possible. Isolated tornadoes cannot be ruled out.

Heavy rain could cause localized flooding. Remember to Turn Around, Don't Drown.

Rain and storm chances look to continue in our area for much of this week into the weekend. Severe weather looks possible in our area. Flash flooding may be possible as well.

Here's a look at your forecast:

First round of showers and non-severe thunderstorms will come to an end late Monday morning.

It will be quiet for the middle of the day into the afternoon before another round of severe weather swings east through the area late Monday afternoon into the overnight hours.

It will be warm, muggy, and breezy for Monday. Morning clouds are forecast to give way to some sunshine for Monday afternoon. Breezy south to southeast winds will be with the area.

Temperatures for Monday afternoon will climb into the 80s area-wide. Due to the humid conditions today, our "feels-like" temperatures this afternoon could climb to around 90 in some locations.

A better risk for strong to severe storms returns to our area returns starting late Monday afternoon. The storm risk is forecast to continue in our area overnight.

Storms will have the potential to produce large hail, damaging winds, heavy rainfall, and a few tornadoes.

Remember 10534

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2021, 08:28:38 AM »
Baseball size hail does lots of damage. Not only to structures and vehicles but livestock and wildlife. Nothing good about hail that l know of
Mike

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2021, 11:57:59 AM »
Baseball size hail does lots of damage. Not only to structures and vehicles but livestock and wildlife. Nothing good about hail that l know of

That's for sure

Remember 10534

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2021, 02:57:22 PM »
The prediction is for 14 named storms this year. 7 will become hurricanes with 3 being "Majors".  First one will be named Anna. Wasn't that a Beatle song? Andi and I are ready!  ;D