Spike Camp

Constitutional carry up to 21 states?

Constitutional carry up to 21 states?
« on: June 02, 2021, 10:21:33 AM »
Constitutional carry has been in the news a lot lately, with Idaho, Iowa, Montana, Tennessee (residents only) and Utah passing CC just in the past year, bringing it up to 20 states. The Texas House and Senate passed it here last week - it's just waiting for Greg Abbott's signature, which he says will happen. I will likely keep my license current if they don't shut that system down, for three reasons: (A - for travel to states (and carry) that don't have CC; B - not a bad thing if you get pulled over - you're already BG checked; C - If CC ever gets repealed down the road, you're still good to carry).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 11:31:24 AM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: Constitutional carry up to 21 states?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »
Those are great news, thanks for sharing Tex.  I agree with you, I'd still keep my CCL.  Good call!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 11:34:36 AM »
According to the info I have, these are the states that have it (Texas should soon be added to the list):
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Iowa (7/2021)
    Idaho
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Maine
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    North Dakota
    Oklahoma
    South Dakota
    Tennessee (residents only)
    Utah
    Vermont
    West Virginia
    Wyoming
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 01:51:55 PM »
I hope several more are added to the list!   :)

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 07:51:24 PM »
The chances of the current president or his ATF chief-to-be, no matter who it is, to support a state-issued CCL being valid in all US states and territories is zero.
A CCL has been vetted through his/her state, unlike voters in some states. The holder of the CCL is much more likely to be a “solid citizen” compared to most others in the Biden administration.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 10:42:22 PM »
I have had a concealed permit for a long time and plan on keeping mine. It also makes it easier to purchase a firearm.
Max

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
I have had a concealed permit for a long time and plan on keeping mine. It also makes it easier to purchase a firearm.

Yep, fill out the 4473 and the seller just files it.  No forwarding to the BATF.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 09:30:05 AM »

Yep, fill out the 4473 and the seller just files it.  No forwarding to the BATF.

Exactly, easy. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 09:40:08 AM »
The FFL has to hold those forms for years and the BATF can inspect them at any time. One advantage is they are usually filed by date, not by name. The instant check here only asks if it is a long gun or a hand gun. I suppose BATF could pull the file by the date on the instant check.  Trusting the BATF is a thing of the long ago times and it will get worse.

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 10:34:10 AM »
According to the info I have, these are the states that have it (Texas should soon be added to the list):
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Iowa (7/2021)
    Idaho
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Maine
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    North Dakota
    Oklahoma
    South Dakota
    Tennessee (residents only)
    Utah
    Vermont
    West Virginia
    Wyoming

Indiana is also waiting for the governor to sign constitution carry
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 01:41:34 PM »
Gov. Abbott finally signed it this morning. It's now official in Texas.
Come and take it.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2021, 03:31:57 PM »
We need a few more, including Florida!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »
Texas Constitutional Carry officially goes into affect Sept.1st 2021. A number of amendments were made to HB 1927, some concerning the safety of law enforcement officers:

Before approving the bill, the Senate tacked on several amendments to address concerns by law enforcement groups that opposed permitless carry, worried it would endanger officers and make it easier for criminals to get guns.

The compromise lawmakers reached behind closed doors kept intact a number of changes the Senate made to the House bill, including striking a provision that would have barred officers from questioning people based only on their possession of a handgun.

The deal also preserves a Senate amendment enhancing the criminal penalties for felons and family violence offenders caught carrying. Among other Senate changes that made it into the law was a requirement that the Texas Department of Public Safety offer a free online course on gun safety. 
DosEquisShooter