Spike Camp

Weatherby Vanguard ????

NIK SOKO

Re: Weatherby Vanguard ????
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 08:43:15 AM »
When i was about 10 i started working at the clay clubs setting of the clays and in the club rooms they always had shooting magazines on one of the tables for people to read,every sunday during "clay season" i would borrow a big stack of magazines to take home and read and return them when i went back,some where several years old and i remember the weatherby ads but i didn't know the difference between mark v's and vanguard,the adds really sucked me in they certainly got my attention i don't know if it was the rifle or the dead animals that interested me so much,either way no rifle looks as good as a weatherby but i wish they would run similar ads now days as the ads in the magazines over here is just a page with different models some detail info and a couple of slogans,basicly every other firearm maker runs the same style ads i know they're more greeny friendly but they don't buy guns to open a magazine and ads like the ones here and others IMR has posted for us would really stand out against the competition,maybe we should start a pertition or something and call it the bring back the dead animal ads campaign or something like that
                                                                 Nik

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 03:29:45 PM »
Hello Gentlemen,

I’m a new forum member, but my Vanguard has been in the family since 1975.  My father was the second owner...he bought it from his hunting buddy who was getting a divorce and didn’t want his soon to be ex with it.

My Vanguard is also one of the old ones as well.  I recently ordered a new Bell and Carlson stock for it and found out it will not fit.  I realize this is an ancient thread...but does anyone know if you can find aftermarket stocks for these??

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 12:11:03 AM »
Early Vangaurds are very nice rifles Here is one I enjoy hunting with Not sure what replacement stock will work on early Vangaurds However I'm happy with the wood stock that's on this Vangaurd

Click on the link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RAKdYKqxnmrJHL557
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:18:24 AM by voere »