Spike Camp

Torn for my first rifle???

Re: Torn for my first rifle???
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »
One caliber?  Holy Christmas Trees say it'll never come to that.  This is a real tough question for me since I like so many different calibers and rifles.  At this point I can only say if I had to have just one, oh how I pray that'll never be, it would be either my beloved .338-378 Weatherby Magnum Accumark or a .416 Weatherby in a Mark V Deluxe.  Either of them will cover anything I hunt.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

ballistic

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
That .240 looks like a nice setup. The front mount looks like the ring is in the center of the mount ? If it is that would be good.

rotbaron

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2013, 06:15:56 AM »
I am biased toward the .270 Win. Great round, flat shooting and the power to take anything in the U.S.Another advantage is the ammo can be found when the shelves are bare and practice ammo can be found for less than $1 per round. For hunting I prefer Nosler but it's not cheap in any caliber. I have a Mod 70 Win in .264 Win Mag that I love but I'm hard pressed to find anything under $3 per round. Thus I reload. In the end the only person that needs to be happy with it is you.