Spike Camp

Weatherby Reliability

Re: Weatherby Reliability
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »
Bye, Bye D.A.M. Antlers :'(
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 06:38:05 PM »
Yeah, and don't you come back no 'mo, no 'mo, no 'mo, no'mo, hit the road Jack! ....
=S=
Do it right, and do it right the first time.

yuma93

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 07:47:51 PM »
Thanks Justin...

It went on too long! ;)
Yuma

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2014, 07:19:33 AM »
Thank you Justin for banning this clown, we don't need people like that here that are only interested in stirring the pot and aggravating members for his own entertainment.  Also thanks for posting his IP number and blocking him that way, it's the best way since the IP number is pretty much a constant no matter how many email addresses the person makes up.

Good job guys calling him out and putting it together that he's one person using multiple names.  We've seen this before and that troll appears to be gone thankfully. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2019, 11:36:24 AM »
This is my 1st post.     I know it's been awhile anyone posted here, but the reason is I had so much fun reading this thread.   I kind of have retired posting in gun forums due to too many trolls.     Looks like they take trolling here seriously.

I was researching on bolt action rifles.    I have kind of settled on Weatherby Mark V, both for unique features, and the reasonable price for the quality/features.

I was kinda disappointed at the antler troll's post on Weatherby.   I am more into handiness/durability/robustness/reliability/fast action than pure accuracy.

I kinda figured it out when I read larmic's post that DAM was a troll.   Great deductive reasoning by Larmic.   

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »
Welcome to the Nation Hyok Kim!!! Trolls show up here occasionally but don't last long, lots of Weatherby Fanatics here so its best to go fishing somewhere else. If you have any questions about Weatherby's toss them in Around the Campfire and someone will gladly help you,
Doug

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2019, 12:57:41 PM »
Welcome Hyok Kim!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2019, 01:37:56 PM »
I did go back to Weatherby after many years so I decided to buy a Mark V Accumark. I had three issues with this rifle from the very beginning. The trigger was pure junk. Had so much grit and slop in it that I replaced it with a Timney....problem solved at $130 of my own money The rifle had a crooked magazine box that would not allow the cartridges to drop out the bottom. Even after trying to align it by taking the stock off it was way off base and there was some kind of manufacturing issue. A smaller issue but the swivel stud was never glued into the stock. I sent it back to Weatherby and they took care of the mag box issue but I feel these problems should not exist is a $1600 rifle. I just hope better rifles are being built in Wyoming. Sorry folks but these are the facts.

Ron

tdbru

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2019, 02:02:04 PM »
i am new to Weatherby MkV ownership as i picked up a used 340 Wby MkV last fall.  so far, i am extremely pleased with it even though it is a used rifle.  the quality is a cut above most other production rifles i have examined.  i have found 1 load, so far, that prints sub-MOA.  went through not a small load development ladder with that powder and bullet.  so if anyone is having an issue with accuracy and you're hand loading, i'd say be patient, and work on a comprehensive powder ladder.  so far, it looks like the accuracy node with this particular rifle has 1/2 gr. range.  i am continuing to work with that powder & bullet combination of course as work/job permits time to do so.  in other words, not really fast development.  but i am pleased so far. 

like anything made on a production basis, i suppose there can be issues that crop up.  reading across the forums and viewing on the you tube sites it amazes me how many self proclaimed "experts" there are that do not posses a physics or engineering degree, or any other technical degree, and bash stuff that they are clearly ignorant of.  amazing they don't get sued for defamation.  almost every design has things designed the way that they were done for a reason.  it's best to find out that reason first before bashing it.  what ignorant experts bash as an issue may actually have an important design constraint and purpose behind it.  oh well, time to hop off the soap box before i make a fool of myself......
-tdbru

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2019, 08:40:02 PM »
Could DAM be dakota man?????
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2019, 08:40:36 PM »
I remember reading this thread a long time ago, one thing that’s always puzzled me, and I’m probably just misreading something, but back on post #14, doesn’t D.A.M. (DakotAMan) basically seamlessly go
 from talking about Dakota Man in the third person to speaking in the first person, thus pretty much showing  they are one and the same person?

Absolutely no longer important by any stretch, i just remember my brain bogging down on this the first time I read it and now it bugged me again... am I reading that #14 post wrong?

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2019, 08:41:46 PM »
Could DAM be dakota man?????

HaHa. I just sorta posted the same thing.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »
You know what they say about great minds
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.