Spike Camp

Proposed insanity by the Pa Game Commission

Proposed insanity by the Pa Game Commission
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:52:16 PM »
I was just reading over the agenda for the meeting of the Pa Game Commission which is going to take place on Tuesday, January 31st start at 8:30 A.M. and can't believe the degree of insanity someone has been striken with.  They are proposing a $25 Pheasant Permit for all adult hunters (anyone 17 years old or older)  in addition to your general hunting license.  The reason that I find this so insane to the point that it's flat out stupid is because an adult general hunting license is $20.90. In the Northeastern part of the state they only put out pheasants at one or two places in each county and they don't put out very many on top of that.  If you hunt in Pennsylvania I would suggest you take a few minutes and read over the agenda to see what they want to do.  I'm sure if you do I won't be the only one who's shocked and scratching their head wondering what is going on with them.

Here's a link to their agenda with their proposals for next year's hunting season:

http://www.pgc.pa.gov/InformationResources/MediaReportsSurveys/Documents/2017%20January%20Agenda.pdf
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

Re: Proposed insanity by the Pa Game Commission
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 04:22:48 AM »
I think it silly (insane) to release captive reared birds into the wild to begin with. Especially a species that was never even native to the state. If the "put and take" program has become to expensive to operate (2 out of 4 farms have closed) then let the shooters pay for them. Here in NC we have hundreds of private commercial shooting preserves that offer tame quail, pheasants, chukars, and mallards for people to buy and shoot. I would be upset if I knew that our agency was spending sportsmens dollars on a "tamie" shooting program. And don't even get me started on "put and take" hatchery grown trout!  ;)