Spike Camp

Elevated deer stands

Re: Elevated deer stands
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 08:57:58 AM »
I saw one in the woods near my cousin's farm where the guy built it completely around the tree, it looked like a gazebo with a tree in the middle and about twenty feet off the ground and it was all enclosed.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 09:11:35 AM »
Will be a few days before I can post picts.Rained hard out there yesterday evening.I was on the backside of the place when it started and had to high tail it to the barn.Sassy and I were stuck there for about 45/50 minurtes.Got tired of waiting on it to stop.It was still sprinkling when we made our way back to the PU.Spent another 30 mins washing the mud off my Ranger.Ranger just has a top and no windshield.Still got pretty wet,but not soaked.My Python got wet and had to clean it when I got back to the house.Just another day in paradise.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 05:09:55 PM »
Got in to take a few.

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 05:12:22 PM »
More.This is the big boy

Remember 10534

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 05:14:53 PM »
View from condo blind

Remember 10534

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »
Very nice, did you say there were two chairs  ::) ;D

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 06:36:18 PM »
Nice blinds Tom, and nice open fields and shooting lanes too. Good luck this coming season.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »
Tom nice setup you could make some nice videos for sportman channel with your setup !

galamb

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 09:15:53 PM »
After using a couple different commercial tree stands and finding none of them "comfortable" I started building my own.

This was a free standing one that I used for a few years. There was no suitable trees available at that location which was an overgrown field that was once used for cattle. It was 6 feet wide and 4 feet deep at the center. It stood on four (legs) 4"x4" posts with appropriate cross braces.

When I moved locations there was a nice three trunked evergreen so I built "around" it - the front two trunks go right up through the roof. This one is 5' wide and almost 7' deep. No inside pics but I have a "coffee table", an office chair (that swivels and reclines of course) and a propane tent heater to keep the toes and fingers warm :)

The may seem a little more (open) than most but that's because they are used predominately for crossbow hunting (over a 90 day season) so need room for the limbs - only see a rifle if I have a tag left after the early bow.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:22:04 PM by galamb »
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2017, 09:25:03 PM »
Very cool!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 05:23:23 AM »
Galamb nice setup I love the pine had hardwood forest in Canada very beautiful !

Jameson

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2017, 08:55:03 AM »
Man, some of the elevated stands on this thread are a lot bigger, nicer, and better appointed than my first apartment. I didn't realize hunting could be so luxurious.
JP

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »
Yes a couple are nicer than the cabin I have now!! ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »
Ours is 16' high and 8' X 8'. Basically two stories enclosed. Nothing fancy though. A few chairs and a table upstairs, and a simple bar and stove downstairs.  8) We haven't hunted deer in years. We just sit back, sip a little single malt, maybe some cheese and crackers, and choot'em through the windows! LOL!

I need to take some pics sometime and post them.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »
My wife and I were in the Fort Worth area for some R&R/Anniversary and saw this at a shopping mall.Thinking about trying to get the Arlington police to let me have a used one for my place.

Remember 10534