Spike Camp

28 Nosler

Re: 28 Nosler
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 07:24:06 PM »
Actually I have something else on the back burner that I think Nosler will be bring out next and Pac Nor is already chambering barrels for it and PGT has reamers available also.
30 Nosler has really got my attention. It's also likely you will see a 33 Nosler or a 35 Nosler in the future also JMO . No flames please. ;D
TD

DonH

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »
All these A.Improved and Noslers are just Weatherby wannabe`s

fuonlynu

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 08:38:03 PM »

The Ackleys are actually quite unique to the Weatherby's and not even in the same boat they are just improved cartridges in numerous ways over the parent cartridges. I actually prefer them over any cartridge ever created.

galamb

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015, 08:38:31 PM »
Browning has just released, for 2015, a new X-Bolt variant - the X-Bolt Western Hunter.

One of it's calibers is the 26 Nosler and it has a msrp of $989, so it will hit some of the shops with a pricetag below 900 bucks.

If the trend continues, and it sells, you can bet that in a year or two the 28 Nosler will be added to the model and the calibers will be available to a wider audience.

I sell rifles/shotguns (at work) and if the pricetag can be kept under the 1K mark, they will come and someone will try it - if for no other reason than because it's different and they want the next better/stronger/faster thing on the market.
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 09:19:56 PM »

I disagree and at least Nosler is coming out with new things rather than riding their history and putting new paint jobs on the same old thing.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 09:21:08 PM »
Actually I have something else on the back burner that I think Nosler will be bring out next and Pac Nor is already chambering barrels for it and PGT has reamers available also.
30 Nosler has really got my attention. It's also likely you will see a 33 Nosler or a 35 Nosler in the future also JMO . No flames please. ;D

I agree with you and can see that coming.  I'd actually be surprised if they didn't come out with the 30 and 33 Noslers.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 09:25:33 PM »
I think Nosler should stick to making bullets. I agree with many of you that the 7mm Market is and has been flooded for some time. I also think the bar has been set and for all reasonable purposes is etched in stone.This dead horse concept has been tried and failed so many times of build A line up of a family of ultra volicity cartridges. That im suprized that anybody has the gall to try and sucker the hunter shooters of America into buying another family of rifles and cartridges that will be dead and gone in 10 years. And will never be easy to find ammo for unless you order it from them by mail. But as long as people are willing to buy them they will be more than happy to take your money.
The Weatherby Family Of Magnums is Excluded in my coments of course. ;D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:45:38 PM by grizzly340 »
Mark

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 09:47:39 PM »
gun makers and ammo companies keep coming up with new cartridges every so often because everyday there are up and coming new generations of new shooters and hunters that are uninformed buyers that will listen to whoever is standing behind the counter of a gun shop or who really believe what they read in magazine articles and whats on the internet,if you want something,buy it,you still have the right to do so in this country,for the moment anyway,the ultra mags seem to push the lighter bullets faster then the existing magnums but the cant do anything better with heavier bullets,i have gotten 3220 from weatherby factory 160 grain partitions out of my 7mm bee accumark,havnt even tried to reload,no need to,from what im reading here the 28 nosler is advertising 3300 for the same bullet weight,80 fps more and how much more powder do you have to burn to get it ? there is only so much velocity you can get out of a certain bore diameter before all your doing is wasting powder,roy weatherby set the bar 70 years ago and people have been trying to beat it ever since,god bless him !   

stanleygks

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2015, 05:25:18 AM »
Well said, southtexas.  A company is not being irresponsible or inattentive because it doesn't stop everything and spend bushels of money retooling for a cartridge that has a small niche anyway.  We've had an abundance of wildcatting lately with short mags and super shot mags and ultra mags.  I have a co-worker who buys up every new thing that hits the market.  All I can say is more power to  him (and good luck finding brass for today's wonder cartridges in a few years)

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2015, 06:09:08 AM »
I don't think the 30 will be any more popular or long lived than the 28, but a 33 might garner some attention. A 35 would grab a lot of attention, and would be a good fit for the mid-bore marketplace. I could see that one actually being the most successful of this family of rounds, even.

I'll be curious to see how Browning does with the 26. I suspect it will move in a quick spurt of sales, and then die, much like the WSM/RUM families did. I could be wrong, but it just seems a lot like the 338Fed in that it answers a question almost nobody is asking.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

Marishka

• Cancelled bear hunt so I could get this
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 06:12:46 AM »
Amen South Texas.

Perhaps what should be asked is who makes the strongest action. The answer is easy. Weatherby!

As for Nosler, new stuff always attracts attention and R&D is always good because, if nothing else, it tends to lead to more and new knowledge. So, good or bad, hopefully Nosler is gaining knowledge.
NRA Endowment
MkV 22-250
MkV 270 + 2 270 wby stainls
MkV 308
MkV 270-300 Wby
MkV Alas 375 H&H
MkV 257 Wby fluted stainls barrel
MkV 7mm Wby stainls UL
MkV 300 Wby stainls x 2
MkV 30-378 Wby
MkV 340 Wby
MkV 375 Wby x 2
MkV 378 Wby
MkV 416 Wby
1899 Ithaca Hammerless
Guarini OU
Orion OU
M1 Carbine wa

badsection

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 06:31:33 AM »
I agree on the idea of new developing new ideas.  I guess they said the Weatherby calibers would be barrel burners, too.  Time will tell!    :)

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 06:36:47 AM »
And least we forget the Lazzeroni Family of magnums. 6 More Cartridges and Expensive Rifles. Where are they now. 5 years ago they had full page adds in every hunting magazine around. Yes this is America and you can buy what you want. That's what makes for horse racing. (Some old term ) My point is simply this. These companies know what there selling wont last. They just want your money now while they can get it.
I simply choose to put mine in Rifles and Cartridges that will out last me. So when I hand down my guns they can actually be used.
Mark

Marishka

• Cancelled bear hunt so I could get this
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015, 08:38:28 AM »
The 7.21 mm Lazzeroni Firebird as an example
NRA Endowment
MkV 22-250
MkV 270 + 2 270 wby stainls
MkV 308
MkV 270-300 Wby
MkV Alas 375 H&H
MkV 257 Wby fluted stainls barrel
MkV 7mm Wby stainls UL
MkV 300 Wby stainls x 2
MkV 30-378 Wby
MkV 340 Wby
MkV 375 Wby x 2
MkV 378 Wby
MkV 416 Wby
1899 Ithaca Hammerless
Guarini OU
Orion OU
M1 Carbine wa

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
How will the new Noslers be any different than the Dakota line of cartridges? Other than the $3500-$15,000 rifle costs? They should have stuck with the 26 and making partitions.
" If your going to put a hole in something, make it a hole to be proud of "